Strictly Come Dancing 2022

RIP Len Goodman. A fine man indeed.
[-] The following 5 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • AJB39, IanJRedman, Ma76, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

Some sad news. Len Goodman has died aged 78. RIP. 😔

https://news.sky.com/story/former-strictly-come-dancing-judge-len-goodman-dies-12864940
[-] The following 2 users Like bkman1990's post:
  • Plutobug, UTVLifer

Very sad news. A lovely man and the perfect Head Judge for Strictly. RIP Len.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AJB39's post:
  • IanJRedman

I wonder will the producers organise a tribute to Len like they did when Brucie died?
[-] The following 4 users Like Gary Baldy's post:
  • AJB39, Ma76, Plutobug, UTVLifer

Len Goodman's passing was just briefly discussed with Jeremy Vine on Channel 5.

Though I didn’t always agree with Len’s scores, I always found him a perfect gent and I think he was an integral part of turning Strictly into the success it is today- his catchphrases are still associated with the show even though he hadn’t been on it since 7 years ago. That’s one big legacy- his contributions to the ballroom world will never be forgotten.
[-] The following 5 users Like Gary Baldy's post:
  • AJB39, IanJRedman, JosiahStuart, Ma76, UTVLifer

I wonder will they replace him with his evil twin, Len Badman?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gary Baldy's post:
  • Nobby

(24-04-2023, 03:55 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  I wonder will they replace him with his evil twin, Len Badman?
Wouldn’t his twin have the same surname but a different first name?
[-] The following 2 users Like Jon's post:
  • IanJRedman, Nobby

(24-04-2023, 04:02 PM)Jon Wrote:  
(24-04-2023, 03:55 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  I wonder will they replace him with his evil twin, Len Badman?
Wouldn’t his twin have the same surname but a different first name?

Yeah, it was a poor attempt at a joke, perhaps it was somewhat tasteless, I apologise.

I don't think Jon was saying it was in bad taste, simply that it didn't make logical sense.

I don't think Jon was correct anyway. What if the twin was called Len but it was short for Helena. That's right, the evil twin is female! She could have married a gentleman called Mr Badman and taken his surname. She then might have become evil in later life after a knock on the head. Voila, a viable joke.

It's always interesting when someone dies, you end up finding out things about them that you didn't know when they were alive, not because it was a secret, just because you didn't watch their episode of Who Do You Think You Are? when they were alive.

In this case, it was when World at One on Radio 4 played an archive clip of Len Goodman telling Kirsty Young that he had a large penis. I didn't know that about him as it never came up on Strictly Come Dancing or Len Goodman's Partners in Rhyme as far as I remember.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nobby's post:
  • bilky asko