Strictly Come Dancing 2022

Len's evil twin would be Ren Badwoman.

I hadn't realised Len was ill but looking at clips from DWTS, he did look thinner.

He was fantastic, and Strictly wouldn't be the show it is today without Len. I don't think he was ever fully replaced - no slight on any of the current judges, just a measure of how unique Len was.

Very sad.
[-] The following 4 users Like Scrotnig's post:
  • AJB39, Gary Baldy, Jeff, Ma76

(24-04-2023, 05:13 PM)Scrotnig Wrote:  He was fantastic, and Strictly wouldn't be the show it is today without Len. I don't think he was ever fully replaced - no slight on any of the current judges, just a measure of how unique Len was.

Very sad.

Yes, I agree- Anton may try to emulate Len’s mannerisms at times but there’s only one Len Goodman. 

I wonder will the judges start saying “SEVEN” Len-style again?

I also think, much like when Countdown lost Richard, the trophy became the Richard Whiteley Memorial Trophy; it’d be a nice touch for Strictly to have the Len Goodman Memorial Glitterball.
[-] The following 2 users Like Gary Baldy's post:
  • Brekkie, Ma76

I never watched SCD but from what I've read it seemed Goodman was one hell of a nice guy. RIP.

(25-04-2023, 02:41 AM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  
(24-04-2023, 05:13 PM)Scrotnig Wrote:  He was fantastic, and Strictly wouldn't be the show it is today without Len. I don't think he was ever fully replaced - no slight on any of the current judges, just a measure of how unique Len was.

Very sad.

Yes, I agree- Anton may try to emulate Len’s mannerisms at times but there’s only one Len Goodman.
I'm not sure where you get this from. I get the superficial Brucie comparisons, but even then he is very much his own person.

(25-04-2023, 02:41 AM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  I wonder will the judges start saying “SEVEN” Len-style again?
Why would they imitate him now he's dead? You'll maybe get one as a tribute, but it would be odd to start doing it as a permanent thing.

(25-04-2023, 02:41 AM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  I also think, much like when Countdown lost Richard, the trophy became the Richard Whiteley Memorial Trophy; it’d be a nice touch for Strictly to have the Len Goodman Memorial Glitterball.
He left the show 7 years ago. It'd be more fitting in the US, perhaps - but not here. He was a very memorable judge, but he was one part of many - not the face of the show like Richard Whiteley was to Countdown.

Yeah, if anyone's the face of Strictly it's Tess Daly. She and Craig Revel-Horwood are the only ones to have been there from the start until now.

Anton has also been there from the start just in two different roles!

(As has the voice of the ball…room Alan Dedicoat i believe)

Darren Bett provided his own subtle tribute during the weather

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 3 users Like Johnr's post:
  • chrisdafur, Happy2001, Ma76

I think if they were going to name the Trophy after anyone it’d would have already happened when Brucie died.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jon's post:
  • Ma76, UTVLifer, W1ll

(25-04-2023, 12:06 PM)Jon Wrote:  I think if they were going to name the Trophy after anyone it’d would have already happened when Brucie died.

Though the award he did get named after him - The Bruce Forsyth Entertainment Award at the NTAs - encompassed more of the man than just Strictly Come Dancing
[-] The following 2 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • Jon, Ma76

(25-04-2023, 10:10 AM)Johnr Wrote:  Anton has also been there from the start just in two different roles!

(As has the voice of the ball…room Alan Dedicoat i believe)

Darren Bett provided his own subtle tribute during the weather

www.bbc.co.uk 

I wouldn't call that subtle.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AJB39, Nobby