Premier League Coverage

A new video of the upcoming EA SPORTS FC 24 game, formerely known as FIFA has been release and it seems to offer a glimpse into a possible refresh of the Premier League's official graphics for the new season

The graphics can be seen at around 1:20, although I've attached a still image as well. 

In past years the FIFA games tend to replicate the TV graphics so this is likely a fair idea of what to expect come August. It also matches a lot of the graphics on the refreshed website at premierleague.com too.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: sig.jpg]

That tallies up with the tweaks seen to the Premier League app (as used by fantasy football players) in an update in the last month or so.

Hopefully the graphics used in the EA Sports game are the real ones rather than the ones being used for the Premier League Summer tournament:

[Image: Ctr3BN.jpg]
[Image: CtrEIW.jpg]

Visit the Internet Commentator Database  - www.icdb.tv 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ste's post:
  • harshy

I am guessing they are trying to sell the summer series, well hopefully it’s just that as these graphics look terrible.

Who has the rights to that, as a matter of interest?

More generally, I’d never heard of this Summer Series before. Has it effectively replaced the old FAPL Asia Trophy?

Watching on Sky Sports, I'm enjoying the strange mash-up between American-style graphics and a recreation of the standard Sky Sports graphics. I also like the scorebar that I can read with my glasses off with my bad eye, because it's so big.

The frame rate conversion looks very good indeed - barely noticeable!

Also, the NBC Sports logo is suitably vintage, going alongside the huge microphones.

EDIT: The timely promo for America's Got Talent reminded me that none of the sponsorship bits appear to have been hidden or removed - lots of ads for Cleveland Clinic, lots of big logos on the scorebar, and at one point a Barclays ad replacing the scorebar.

That's how NBC Sports Premier  League coverage has looked for a few years the NBC score bar and the Sky Sports graphics.
In the US it's mostly airing/running on Peacock.

[Image: Screenshot-242.png]

Sorry about the wonky bottom thing there, I wasn't sure how long the graphics were going to stay on when the score/sports news ticker showed up. 
[Image: Screenshot-243.png]

The summer series is a new thing they are trying, my guess is there is more soccer (Football) interest in the US now, and the Premier League has gained a loyal audience, of dedicated people being up the the early hours to watch. so why not try?
www.premierleague.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes sky303's post:
  • Medianext.MX

(24-07-2023, 01:01 AM)bilky asko Wrote:  Watching on Sky Sports, I'm enjoying the strange mash-up between American-style graphics and a recreation of the standard Sky Sports graphics. I also like the scorebar that I can read with my glasses off with my bad eye, because it's so big.

Although from the caps the actual score is quite difficult to read, even on the large graphic.

Have Sky got all matches or are some restricted to the clubs channels as often happens with these friendly series?

Apple is out of the race for the next cycle rights. They wanted a global rights deal, something comparable to how they do the MLS.

www.dailymail.co.uk 

(24-07-2023, 03:34 AM)sky303 Wrote:  That's how NBC Sports Premier  League coverage has looked for a few years the NBC score bar and the Sky Sports graphics.
In the US it's mostly airing/running on Peacock.

[Image: Screenshot-242.png]
(24-07-2023, 01:01 AM)bilky asko Wrote:  Watching on Sky Sports, I'm enjoying the strange mash-up between American-style graphics and a recreation of the standard Sky Sports graphics. I also like the scorebar that I can read with my glasses off with my bad eye, because it's so big.

Since the Comcast takeover of Sky, a more Sky-style presentation has become increasingly used, with longer pregame shows and coverage being broadcast during some weekends from Sky Studios (at least during the 2019 season); some of Sky's shows have also made it to Peacock, including Soccer Saturday (these were previously available on a separate Premier League Pass available through NBC Sports Gold, a SVOD service which was later integrated into Peacock's Premium tiers). Graphically, they even used the MNF titles to start their coverage, although heavily tweaked to include an opening voice-over and sponsorship avails (they now use cold opens since 2022). They don't even use the Sky Sports themes (or licensed music), they use custom themes from new age musician David Arkenstone (who has done also a bunch of themes of NBC, including Triple Crown horse racing and The Open Championship), which have been used from the start of its own rights deal.

www.youtube.com 

worldsoccertalk.com 

awfulannouncing.com 

www.hollywoodreporter.com 

From the outset, NBC has employed mostly British presenters, pundits and commentators, including Rebecca Lowe as presenter and Arlo White as lead announcer; when they got the rights back in 2012, Jon Miller took careful consideration to attract causal viewers, whilst respecting the overall EPL terminology, bringing people who "know the Premier League and can talk about it intelligently". After White moved to the ill-fated LIV Golf tournament, he was replaced by Peter Drury, with Andrés Cantor (the Telemundo announcer known for his signature call of "Goooool!") calling some matches. After Drury has been recently hired by Sky, he will continue to call Saturday games, but ESPN announcer Jon Champion will take his place for Sunday, Monday and midseason games next season.

awfulannouncing.com 

awfulannouncing.com 

awfulannouncing.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like Medianext.MX's post:
  • bilky asko, RhysJR, Ste