Premier League Coverage

(14-08-2023, 07:27 PM)fusionlad Wrote:  And very nice it looks too.

Lots of negative things on X about Karen Carney. Can't work out if it's middle aged sexist keyboard warriors moaning or if they have a point.

I don't think it would generate so much negativity if it was some random male pundit from a lower league they didn't take a liking too.
I rate Carney as a pundit but I think the thing with MNF is that it feels very much like the Neville and Carragher show and people don’t like change. Even though either of them don’t do every Monday night game, usually Nev than Carra. But we now have The Overlap for more of their views and debates. 

I’m sure the dust will settle with the new format and the middle aged sexist keyboard warriors will not be as vocal. These are usually the same people who moan at the change of the Soccer Saturday line up. At least with Sky, if you don’t like it, don’t subscribe to it.
[-] The following 3 users Like nwtv2003's post:
  • fusionlad, Johnnie, RhysJR

It’s a gorgeous set - I was a bit concerned at first because Sky have been guilty in the past, with Monday Night Football, of making the set too gimmicky (something they’ve reigned back on in recent years) but this looks superb on air.

It is pretty good, it’s hard to tell what’s a physical screen and what's a virtual graphic, there’s also reflections of the presenters feet, it looks too good!

(14-08-2023, 10:12 PM)harshy Wrote:  It is pretty good, it’s hard to tell what’s a physical screen and what's a virtual graphic, there’s also reflections of the presenters feet, it looks too good!

Besides the very obvious AR graphics that pop in and out, everything below the ticker at the top of the set is real.
[-] The following 2 users Like southern_boy's post:
  • harshy, RhysJR

Aston Villa must have the same brand consultant as the BBC, with two logos on display at the same time. Their new logo/crest is on the shirt, but the old one lives on on social media, website, the Premier League website and the Sky Sports graphics. I can't see if there is rationale behind this, I have seen suggestions that it is beause the new logo is very similar to Chelsea's.

[Image: all%20new%20aston%20villa%20logo%20%283%29.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • Steve in Pudsey

They’ve had a similar logo in the past, as far back as the 70s. It’s the in style for a lot of football clubs now, so I doubt it’s that.

1000logos.net 
Web Image

The BBC seem to using the old logo too.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jon's post:
  • RhysJR, thomash79

The score graphic used on the Premier League world feed has been made smaller. Size from the first day of the season:

[Image: vlcsnap-2023-08-11-23h23m53s329.png]

Size now:

[Image: vlcsnap-2023-08-26-12h31m09s642.png]

Visit the Internet Commentator Database  - www.icdb.tv 
[-] The following 2 users Like Ste's post:
  • harshy, RhysJR

Not sure that improves it. It's the Premier League logo in the middle that messes up the design - I know it's there for copyright reasons but feel like if it was better incorporated it would look much better.

Having watched a fair bit of it while I was on holiday, the overall graphics package wasn't too bad and the way the the score animated to include stats and so on was quite smart, it was just the size of the thing that was a bit much so it's good to see they've toned it down a bit.

(20-08-2023, 02:11 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Aston Villa must have the same brand consultant as the BBC, with two logos on display at the same time. Their new logo/crest is on the shirt, but the old one lives on on social media, website, the Premier League website and the Sky Sports graphics. I can't see if there is rationale behind this, I have seen suggestions that it is beause the new logo is very similar to Chelsea's.

[Image: all%20new%20aston%20villa%20logo%20%283%29.png]

Same with Liverpool today