Sky Sports

Odd Sky Sports doesn't have its own thread so thought I'd put this here.

No surprise but Sky Sports Tennis will launch on 11 Feb. Oddly though it launches on 408 then moves to 407 on 13 Feb. Will be included for those who just subscribe to Arena/Action, which will be used for overspill.

Gigi Salmon is the lead presenter with Jonathan Overend the lead commentator. Tim Henman and Laura Robson lead the punditry.

www.skygroup.sky -
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • RhysJR

(30-01-2024, 11:24 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Odd Sky Sports doesn't have its own thread so thought I'd put this here.

No surprise but Sky Sports Tennis will launch on 11 Feb. Oddly though it launches on 408 then moves to 407 on 13 Feb. Will be included for those who just subscribe to Arena/Action, which will be used for overspill.

Gigi Salmon is the lead presenter with Jonathan Overend the lead commentator. Tim Henman and Laura Robson lead the punditry.

www.skygroup.sky -

That article is giving me a 404 error, but the below has all the same info. This in addition to Action & Arena rather than replacing one of them (like Darts or NFL)?

www.skysports.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • Brekkie

I imagine the brief stint on 408 is because of the small overlap with Sky Sports NFL, launching on the day of the Super Bowl, so NFL remains for the Sunday and Monday, then rebrands as Tennis*

*meaning Tennis takes over Arena temporarily for two days, before taking over Action
[-] The following 2 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • Jeff, RhysJR

Sky Sports have announced they are showing Tyson Fury V Oleksandr Usyk on Sky Sports Box Office on the 17th February. This means that this fight will be on Sky Sports and TNT Sports which I think it's a rare occasion. We did get Day Of Reckoning on TNT and DAZN tbf.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMD_24's post:
  • Brekkie

(01-02-2024, 05:52 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Sky Sports have announced they are showing Tyson Fury V Oleksandr Usyk on Sky Sports Box Office on the 17th February. This means that this fight will be on Sky Sports and TNT Sports which I think it's a rare occasion. We did get Day Of Reckoning on TNT and DAZN tbf.

It's on DAZN as well, so it's on all three!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Transmission's post:
  • TMD_24

That fight is now off. I'm assuming they were yet to start selling subscriptions to it.

www.bbc.co.uk 

(02-02-2024, 11:40 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  That fight is now off. I'm assuming they were yet to start selling subscriptions to it.

www.bbc.co.uk 

Not quite, but I did notice there was a Twitter Ad for DAZN this morning promoting the fight. TNT Sports also advertised several times during the Wolves/Man Utd match yesterday, but nothing about time of coverage and price.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nwtv2003's post:
  • Brekkie

This is a good one, to mark the launch of Sky Sports Tennis, they decide to prank the on screen talent and the staff with a lot of Tennis balls: youtu.be 
[-] The following 2 users Like JamieMurph25's post:
  • AJB39, RhysJR

Pleasantly surprised to see that the tennis bonus streams are available on all devices on NOW (well they're on my phone this afternoon) when that wasn't the case at the US Open or with the Championship football.

Do we know how much of their own coverage Sky are doing througout the year?

(11-02-2024, 02:18 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Pleasantly surprised to see that the tennis bonus streams are available on all devices on NOW (well they're on my phone this afternoon) when that wasn't the case at the US Open or with the Championship football.

Do we know how much of their own coverage Sky are doing througout the year?

Yep, they've been there since testing last week.

Should be doing their own thing at the 1000-level events and probably Queen's.

Some images and clips from launch of Sky Sports Tennis

Coverage started with this VT that was posted earlier by Sky Sports:
twitter.com 

"How to watch" VT was also broadcast before they went to show live tennis (six games into the first match):
twitter.com 

Using their own commentators Jonathan Overend and Naomi Broady on Sky Sports Tennis so far but I expect that's just because it's the first day. World feed on all the multi-court options.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes dvboy's post:
  • RhysJR