BBC/ITV Northern Ireland News

Ross Hutchinson from ITV Tyne Tees & Border making his debut doing the UTV weather today

Since Good Morning Britain new graphics launched, the bumper before the local weather on GMB now refers to “ITV Weather” rather than “UTV Weather”. It’s only a matter of time before UTV Live gets explicit ITV News branding I am certain

Interesting developments brewing up at U105, according to the Belfast Tele.

An industrial tribunal involving seven presenters is being held this week - only rather sketchy detail at the moment but in a nutshell, it involves most of their line up outside breakfast (Frank Mitchell, who does a morning phone-in, is not among them)

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk 

Bit surprised it's been more or less left alone - even up to the original 'U' branding - since News UK took it over from UTV (it even made the move from Havelock House to City Quays)

Does Julian do still bits and pieces for them?
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • Superman1986

The U105 tribunal due to start today was postponed and the dispute has gone to conciliation talks - public detail of the case, as such, remains undisclosed.

www.irishnews.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • London Lite, MLehon, Superman1986

A very rare appearance by ITV National Weather presenter Becky Mantin on Good Morning Britain‘s UTV headlines?, I wonder if it’s back to out of vision production journalists at lunchtime, or finally change is afoot at UTV?

(27-12-2023, 01:44 PM)Superman1986 Wrote:  A very rare appearance by ITV National Weather presenter Becky Mantin on Good Morning Britain‘s UTV headlines?, I wonder if it’s back to out of vision production journalists at lunchtime, or finally change is afoot at UTV?

Sadly there wasn’t change afoot, in fact they were that lazy they got the GMB newsreader to read the weather

Or perhaps it's just those three days between Christmas and New Year and they're running a slimline operation to limit the number of people having to work. Indeed quite surprised they bother with the regional bulletins at all this week.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • Jayesyn, Superman1986

Normally in the other regions, the on duty regional weather presenter pre-records the next day’s GMB regional weather

As there wasn’t any regional weather on Boxing Day presuming Becky Mantin did all the GMB regional weather forecasts as part of her national shift, and did them all including UTV
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • Superman1986

I spotted Mantin on UTV this morning and wondered what that was all about. I didn't realise she pre-recorded all of the regional bulletins on Boxing Day.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Superman1986

(27-12-2023, 11:11 PM)London Lite Wrote:  I spotted Mantin on UTV this morning and wondered what that was all about. I didn't realise she pre-recorded all of the regional bulletins on Boxing Day.

Aisling Creevey was doing UTV weather tonight, first time on a Saturday, she was doing Central, London & Wales too, but it’s good to see somebody in person on the weekend