BBC/ITV Northern Ireland News

www.itv.com 

Demolition has begun on UTV’s old HQ Havelock House

One of the veterans of Northern Ireland broadcasting, Walter Love, has died at the age of 88.

Although best known for spending 45 years with Radio Ulster, he was also a newsreader on Scene Around Six for over a decade.

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 4 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • arbrax, bkman1990, Roger Darthwell, Superman1986

I’m in stitches at both this graphic and the tweet 😂

x.com 
[-] The following 13 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, arbrax, bkman1990, Brekkie, dbl, freeaxe, LDN, lookoutwales, RhysJR, Spencer, Superman1986, thePineapple

lots to admire here but I love "the return" in particular, like it's the terminator coming back
[-] The following 1 user Likes arbrax's post:
  • UTVLifer

(02-02-2024, 10:02 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  I’m in stitches at both this graphic and the tweet 😂

x.com 

I think this season will make it 7 days into production before it goes on another unscheduled hiatus.
[-] The following 1 user Likes radiorebel's post:
  • UTVLifer

You just wonder who makes the programming decisions within BBC NI. Their local coverage on BBC1 NI is starting at 1.15pm 15 minutes after the start of the sitting of the NI Assembly this lunchtime. The first item of business being the appointment of Speaker which is being missed by the local programme. Yes coverage is on BBC News and BBC Parliament and viewers can use their remote control but just seems silly to start a 2 hour plus programme after the start of an event. Interesting and does make sense that BBC News is now taking the local BBC1 programme.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MLehon's post:
  • thePineapple

(03-02-2024, 02:14 PM)MLehon Wrote:  You just wonder who makes the programming decisions within BBC NI. Their local coverage on BBC1 NI is starting at 1.15pm 15 minutes after the start of the sitting of the NI Assembly this lunchtime. The first item of business being the appointment of Speaker which is being missed by the local programme. Yes coverage is on BBC News and BBC Parliament and viewers can use their remote control but just seems silly to start a 2 hour plus programme after the start of an event. Interesting and does make sense that BBC News is now taking the local BBC1 programme.

They are constrained by having to show the National News at 1pm and again at 3.30pm and the Rugby at 4pm. They could have avoided such constraints by having the programme on BBC Two NI but they probably felt it was too big an event to have on BBC Two.

(03-02-2024, 02:31 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  They are constrained by having to show the National News at 1 and again at 3.30pm and the Rugby at 4pm. They could have avoided such constraints by having the programme on BBC Two NI but they probably felt it was too big an event to have on BBC Two.

Not so as the BBC1 National Bulletin has been dropped before locally in NI as was the case on 16 February 2020 when Jo Scott presented Newsline at 10.30pm which featured local, national and international news due to a previous local BBC1 programme. Can't think many viewers would have complained if a 10 minute News bulletin was missing on such a locally news heavy day in NI. Sarra Elgan's Six Nations Preview moved to BBC2 NI and showing 15 minutes later than on BBC1 elsewhere so things are being moved around locally today.
[-] The following 2 users Like MLehon's post:
  • LondonViewer, Superman1986

Paul Clark was on UTV Live this evening.
[-] The following 2 users Like London Lite's post:
  • Michael 18, Superman1986

I'm only getting around to posting this now, but there were a few interesting parts of Newsline on Monday night, although I'm slightly surprised the BBC regional programmes actually went ahead given the news about the King.

Anyway, they made use of the green screen area and AR to showcase the new MLAs and their respective roles.
up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

Chris Mason also made an appearance in the studio.
up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

[-] The following 11 users Like MFTJA's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, denton, lookoutwales, Michael 18, MLehon, PJamo, RhysJR, Superman1986, thePineapple, UTVLifer