BBC/ITV East News

(20-03-2024, 01:31 PM)anglia99 Wrote:  Yesterday’s lunchtime bulletin was fronted by Luke Deal (from BBC Radio Suffolk) A first? Angie George unusually did the main evening show - although she’s pretty much now the go-to stand in presenter who’ll appear on any given day and time!

Maybe rehearsals are now starting on the new set?

Amelia Reynolds must be on leave as David Whitely is also absent from ITV News Anglia.

I assume that Susie Fowler Watt is part time now? She rarely does more than 2 days a week despite being the ‘lead presenter’ and is often away for a week or two at a time.

Luke Deal has done the breakfast bulletins before during the temporary travelling set period.

I think Susie is studying and that is why she does three days though I think that often includes a lunchtime on one day and the late on another.

Thursday's bulletin always has a lookahead to Politics East with Amelia joining Susie on the sofa for a chat but this week Andrew,. political editor, joined Amelia.

(22-03-2024, 02:34 AM)ViridianFan Wrote:  I have to agree with you on that. I understand it we down to costs but I think for the regions that still have duo presenters the programmes lost some of that warmth. It become much more someone telling you whereas before you felt as if it was a conversation.

The days of the programme leaving you with a laugh with Stewart moaning about the weather and Susie rolling her eyes!

Bit of an oddity for you - 'Anglia News Extra' in the West from August 1997 (with purple-themed titles rather than the usual blues and golds Anglia usually preferred)

www.youtube.com 

IIRC, one or two regions experimented with longer late bulletins on Friday nights in the mid-late 90s - Meridian included - while others (London, Central, Scottish) shunted theirs to after midnight.

For the most part, Anglia's 'Extra' was taken up by longer reports and the odd feature, along with a longer sports preview.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • John

(22-03-2024, 08:08 AM)Kendal87 Wrote:  The days of the programme leaving you with a laugh with Stewart moaning about the weather and Susie rolling her eyes!

I wonder how they felt having that spoofed on broken news with “Look Out East”.

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 

(22-03-2024, 06:34 PM)ViridianFan Wrote:  I wonder how they felt having that spoofed on broken news with “Look Out East”.

I seem to recall they did a feature on it at the time (on Look East).

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

Susie’s new swanky set launches today. Shaun Peel mentioned this at the end of last night’s bulletin.

Last minute tech work and rehearsals this morning. The East are taking BBC London bulletins this morning and lunchtime. New studio launches at 6:30pm.

x.com 

Susie Fowler-Watt with a sneak peak this afternoon: x.com 

(25-03-2024, 12:38 PM)skynewsfreak Wrote:  Susie Fowler-Watt with a sneak peak this afternoon: x.com 
The new set pics have just been posted to twitter.com .

It'll be interesting to see if the new set looks bigger on screen than the old one. Presumably they've gained some studio space by no longer having the rear screen projectors (which used mirrors).

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 2 users Like Keith's post:
  • bkman1990, Kendal87

twitter.com 

Do all the regions have a camera mounted on the back of the tower or is this a case of making the most of the available space?
[-] The following 2 users Like m_in_m's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer