BBC/ITV East News

The cable going into the tower is unfortunately visible in the shot used when standing at it. Hopefully that can be tweaked if like other regions this is going to be a very heavily used shot.

Nikki Fox is doing a pre-recorded piece using the wall graphics.

(25-03-2024, 06:26 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  twitter.com 

Do all the regions have a camera mounted on the back of the tower or is this a case of making the most of the available space?

They can move the PTZ as needed, I think - not on the fly but with some prep. I assume it's to do with angles for DTLs, isn't Norwich's studio a weird shape?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mike's post:
  • UTVLifer

(25-03-2024, 07:38 PM)Mike Wrote:  They can move the PTZ as needed, I think - not on the fly but with some prep. I assume it's to do with angles for DTLs, isn't Norwich's studio a weird shape?

Yes I think it is a trapezium shape.
[-] The following 1 user Likes m_in_m's post:
  • UTVLifer

The logo animation in the titles finally sync up with the ending notes of the theme tune.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Josh's post:
  • James

(25-03-2024, 07:43 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  Yes I think it is a trapezium shape.

Yeah it is.

www.hopkins.co.uk 
Web Image

On the middle all floor plan you can see the studio is located in west the semi circle which juts out on the side of the forum. When I went the cameras are practically sat in the door ways. You can see how small the set is when you see the doors are right on the edge of the set. 

I have to say, look east have got the best backdrop so far. They’ve gone for the view of the city up on the hill by norwich interestingly the same view the other side have.

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 

(26-03-2024, 12:01 AM)ViridianFan Wrote:  I have to say, look east have got the best backdrop so far. They’ve gone for the view of the city up on the hill by norwich interestingly the same view the other side have.

It’s nice, but personally I think Newcastle wins with its iconic view down the Tyne with the various bridges.

(26-03-2024, 08:54 AM)Spencer Wrote:  It’s nice, but personally I think Newcastle wins with its iconic view down the Tyne with the various bridges.

I have to be fair, I think Norwich's isn't that great - it looks just like a generic town or city in the UK. Newcastle's is rather nice though and that's probably down to framing, so the bridges appear over the shoulder of the presenter on the MS/CU.

One thing I really hate with these sets though - ever since they were first introduced - is the top of the programme where the date appears - the background image is always the daytime image, in some of them there is visible shadow/sunlight that just disappears when it's in dark mode.

I also think it’d be nice to have different seasonal variants for the views in the same way as programmes such as This Morning and Politics Live do. The lush, green leaves on the trees on some regions look a bit out of place in the middle of winter.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spencer's post:
  • Mike

(25-03-2024, 03:57 PM)Keith Wrote:  The new set pics have just been posted to twitter.com .

It'll be interesting to see if the new set looks bigger on screen than the old one. Presumably they've gained some studio space by no longer having the rear screen projectors (which used mirrors).

In terms of set size it has allowed a bit more floor space.

(26-03-2024, 10:35 AM)Worzel Wrote:  In terms of set size it has allowed a bit more floor space.

Presumably because there's no rear projection to take account of, and the one wall is slightly trapezoid so following the structural line of the studio.

Interesting though the PTZ on the back of the tower is being used for the weather, which suggests it's ever so slightly too narrow to use a normal camera/ped in that area.