Eurovision Song Contest 2023

UK to participate in and broadcast Junior Eurovision on BBC One later this year

eurovision.tv 

I wonder who'll be doing the commentary for this? It's on BBC1 and CBBC so perhaps they'll have different commentators on each channel - one aimed at kids and one a bit less annoying for a broader audience!

www.bbc.co.uk 

Liverpool and Glasgow remain

Think these were easily the two best options, hard to call which it will be now though I think. Also it's guaranteed now that it will be in a city that's never hosted it. Very exciting to get closer, and happily either way I'll be able to get free accommodation!
[-] The following 2 users Like gottago's post:
  • bilky asko, DE88

I wonder if the aesthetic of the stadiums had anything to do it. Unless I’m mistaken out of the options left out only Leeds had something that was modern looking.

I do think it’ll probably be Glasgow, but either is a strong choice really.

(27-09-2022, 02:57 PM)Jon Wrote:  I wonder if the aesthetic of the stadiums had anything to do it. 

I doubt that very much, it's pretty rare that you ever see the outside of the stadium on the show and if you do it's only ever for a few seconds as part of the intro or similar. It'll all be about logistics and suitability of the city itself.

Would be great to see something really positive like this in Liverpool after a pretty torrid few months for news events in the city. There hasn't really been a real major international event in the city since the European Capital of Culture in 2008 and it just missed out hosting the Commonwealths.

Weighing up the options, Glasgow and Liverpool both have pros and cons. Glasgow has Britain's second busiest arena, it has 3 airports in its vicinity, and has some really good public transport. Liverpool has one Airport, but Manchester and Blackpool are also quite accessible, made possible by Liverpool's own really good public transport. The M&S Arena is actually quite flexible, and its likely that the waterfront will be used for outdoor activities, should the city be picked. Both cities were Capitals of Culture, in 1990 and 2008 respectively.

I am biased to Liverpool, since I'm from there, but I think both are quite evenly matched to be fair

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]

(27-09-2022, 05:05 PM)Blubatt Wrote:  Weighing up the options, Glasgow and Liverpool both have pros and cons. Glasgow has Britain's second busiest arena, it has 3 airports in its vicinity, and has some really good public transport. Liverpool has one Airport, but Manchester and Blackpool are also quite accessible, made possible by Liverpool's own really good public transport. The M&S Arena is actually quite flexible, and its likely that the waterfront will be used for outdoor activities, should the city be picked. Both cities were Capitals of Culture, in 1990 and 2008 respectively.

I am biased to Liverpool, since I'm from there, but I think both are quite evenly matched to be fair
I'd much rather Liverpool wins it, it's far closer to most of the UK's population if nothing else.

Liverpool's world famous for its music and deserves a slice of the cake for a change.

(27-09-2022, 05:38 PM)Lester Wrote:  
(27-09-2022, 05:05 PM)Blubatt Wrote:  Weighing up the options, Glasgow and Liverpool both have pros and cons. Glasgow has Britain's second busiest arena, it has 3 airports in its vicinity, and has some really good public transport. Liverpool has one Airport, but Manchester and Blackpool are also quite accessible, made possible by Liverpool's own really good public transport. The M&S Arena is actually quite flexible, and its likely that the waterfront will be used for outdoor activities, should the city be picked. Both cities were Capitals of Culture, in 1990 and 2008 respectively.

I'd much rather Liverpool wins it, it's far closer to most of the UK's population if nothing else.

Liverpool's world famous for its music and deserves a slice of the cake for a change.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather they win it too. I think Liverpool has a lot more in the way of modern infrastructure, and a lot more to gain from Eurovision. It'll certainly help the case for the runway expansion of John Lennon Airport. But we're getting off topic. From a presentation POV, BBC North would likely be overseeing it if in Liverpool, which might be a point in favour of Liverpool as host. Media City's facilities are larger and more feature equipped than BBC Pacific Quay, which would be overseeing Eurovision if Glasgow were to host. Though that said, Pacific Quay is in Glasgow.

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]

Glasgow would be my choice; be nice for us to show the wider world that there's more to the United Kingdom than just England (and often specifically London).