Eurovision Song Contest 2023

Interesting.

twitter.com 

(27-09-2022, 06:38 PM)DavidWhitfield Wrote:  Glasgow would be my choice; be nice for us to show the wider world that there's more to the United Kingdom than just England (and often specifically London).

And indeed more to Scotland than just Edinburgh, as it seems to be. That said, while I wouldn't call Liverpool overlooked, it certainly does play second fiddle to Manchester when talking about cities in the North West. All we get is 'The Beatles were Born here' and its left at that. 

Mind you, Preston and Lancaster are also cities, and don't get the same respect as either Liverpool or Manchester, especially when the region is on Television. But that's another discussion.

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]

Edinburgh has a lot of the prestige because it's Scotland's Capital and a lot of events take place there like the Edinburgh Fringe and a lot of the big theatre tours tend to go to Edinburgh rather than Glasgow because the theatres are bigger. Saying that, it is quite strange that Edinburgh doesn't have an equivalent to the Hydro.

It’s not like Glasgow’s completely forgotten about though. BBC Scotland, the national football stadium and the two biggest football clubs in the country are all based there.

As for why Edinburgh doesn’t have a big arena, I guess Glasgow isn’t that far and is much more centrally located.

You may want to watch The One Show tomorrow night... and the junction out of it  Wink
[-] The following 3 users Like ScottishTVGuy's post:
  • Frances, JamieD, UTVLifer

Amazed no one has posted. Eurovision 2023 to be hosted Liverpool. Both semi-finals as expected to be shown on BBC One.

Congratulations to Liverpool for the slightly surprising win. A worthy choice.

Grand final date confined as 13th May. I think with Graham making the announcement it confirms that he’ll be first choice to be one of the hosts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • UTVLifer

twitter.com 

So the logo being used (at this stage) just uses the Ukraine flag within the heart shown at the junction following The One Show and at the on the top of the British Telecom tower.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • UTVLifer

I have to say, I was preparing for Glasgow to be announced, but nope, it's happening 5 miles away from my house, and it's going to be interesting to see how the M&S Arena gets done up for the event come the 13th May

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blubatt's post:
  • UTVLifer

(07-10-2022, 07:37 PM)Jon Wrote:  So the logo being used (at this stage) just uses the Ukraine flag within the heart shown at the junction following The One Show and at the on the top of the British Telecom tower.

That's the official logo used by the EBU this evening, with the Ukrainian flag and the United Kingdom subtitled beneath