Eurovision Song Contest 2023

(18-05-2023, 10:32 AM)MorganLamia Wrote:  
(15-05-2023, 07:04 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Loving all the videos emerging today of the stage transformations during the postcards.

twitter.com 

I don't know how common of a practice it is, but it's a great idea how they have yellow markings on the floor displays during set-up to show the crew precisely where each prop/piece of staging should be placed, down to the exact shape of each item and even the name. Very efficient and helpful for everyone, I'm sure.
They have used projectors to show prop marks for many years, it’s a fantastic idea really
[-] The following 3 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • Jayesyn, MorganLamia, UTVLifer

Yes …it used to be used to show the people putting components into printed circuit boards …
Illuminate the bin where the component was , and the place in the board to put it …
Likewise some wire wrapping ,,,,
Of course now all pick and place robots etc
[-] The following 1 user Likes Technologist's post:
  • aaron_scotland

youtu.be 

Here's another pretty interesting multi-viewer, showing channels across Europe opting out of Eurovision for adverts. Some take breaks as long as 20 minutes. And of course, Italy does its own thing again, completely ignoring the pre-planned opt-slot.
[-] The following 3 users Like chaose's post:
  • agentsquash, Happy2001, UTVLifer

(22-05-2023, 10:51 AM)chaose Wrote:  youtu.be 

Here's another pretty interesting multi-viewer, showing channels across Europe opting out of Eurovision for adverts. Some take breaks as long as 20 minutes. And of course, Italy does its own thing again, completely ignoring the pre-planned opt-slot.

RSI returning in the middle of the interval at the exact point the dramatic Sonia graphics were on screen did tickle me somewhat I have to say
[-] The following 3 users Like strollfan's post:
  • DeMarkay, Happy2001, UTVLifer

Looks like the BBC did an expert job of not opting out... the luxuries of being an ad free channel Wink
[-] The following 3 users Like agentsquash's post:
  • ethanjbrady, ol1xie, UTVLifer

(22-05-2023, 01:54 PM)agentsquash Wrote:  Looks like the BBC did an expert job of not opting out... the luxuries of being an ad free channel Wink

Well, they did a good job of not showing the Maroccanoil logo on the break bumpers ;-)
[-] The following 2 users Like chaose's post:
  • agentsquash, ethanjbrady

Which channels show it ad free then?

The BBC and who? I’m assuming maybe some of the Scandinavian channels do, and judging by the earlier clip the Germans do too?

Rai totally missing the Icelandic jury points, did the member from Hatari frighten them?

(22-05-2023, 10:51 AM)chaose Wrote:  youtu.be 

Great video. Can't tell if Rai mistimed their ad break or if they were just desperate to show that interview with Marco! A whopping 21 minute opt out for RSI!
(22-05-2023, 02:15 PM)Jon Wrote:  Which channels show it ad free then?

The BBC and who? I’m assuming maybe some of the Scandinavian channels do, and judging by the earlier clip the Germans do too?
I think all of the Nordic channels except Iceland and then France and presumably Spain; though I remember when TVE first scrapped their commercial ad breaks they decided to actually keep internal ad breaks for TVE promos! Don't know if they still do this.

EDIT: And yes presumably Germany too as you said.
[-] The following 1 user Likes gottago's post:
  • Jon

It's all fairly slick. It always surprises me the Olympics don't take a similar approach to the ceremonies to provide obvious opt out points for the commercial rights holders. I suspect we'll see that in 2028 with LA - back in 1996 when Atlanta had the games there were several points in the evening where they tracked the Olympic Flame on the way to the stadium which is presumably when US viewers saw ads, but it worked well enough - but isn't something that became the standard.