BBC/ITV North West News

(17-02-2024, 11:51 AM)Former Member 2410 Wrote:  I was sure I read somewhere that NWT composed it themselves to stand-out (as NWT is want to do!)

I asked as I know at least one of the Look North variants now has it, so was curious. Thanks for advising Smile

I think almost every region now has it. It’s been added to every programme that’s either had the HD gallery upgrade or the new set.
[-] The following 3 users Like Spencer's post:
  • Former Member 2410, IanJRedman, interestednovice

Was that not the original close for the 2019 look? I'm struggling to work out if it's special or normal Big Grin

It's the 'newer' mix of the closing titles, which has quite a nice long build up but turns into a screechy mess once the sting kicks in.

youtu.be 

Used here in the final South Today (Oxford) programme in 2022 (and a nice touch the final credits were)
[-] The following 4 users Like Mike's post:
  • Former Member 2410, RhysJR, Stuart, thePineapple

(18-02-2024, 01:14 AM)Mike Wrote:  It's the 'newer' mix of the closing titles, which has quite a nice long build up but turns into a screechy mess once the sting kicks in.

youtu.be 

Used here in the final South Today (Oxford) programme in 2022 (and a nice touch the final credits were)
I didn't realise that the Oxford opt had said goodbye in such as sad way. Sad

BBC financial constraints aside, they provided a good service for the Thames Valley area.

They could ship that nice small set to Jersey! They are currently trapped in a cupboard somewhere Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • Superman1986

Here are the two closing themes for those who wanted to hear them in comparison:

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like harryb's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 2410, harshy, RhysJR, UTVLifer

(16-02-2024, 11:06 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  Kawser Quamer catching herself out at the end of NWT this evening…

x.com 

All's well that ends well after Friday

twitter.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • London Lite, lookoutwales

Radio Manchester's We're Not Really Here podcast setting up camp on the NWT set...

twitter.com 

Temporary set on the way for NWT - moving van spotted this afternoon with familiar panelling:
i.imgur.com 
Web Image

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 9 users Like Josh's post:
  • BBI45, bkman1990, James, London Lite, lookoutwales, Spencer, Stuart, thePineapple, UTVLifer

Interesting! Heard that NWT would be the last one to be done. Seems likely that Spotlight will now be the last, which I'm not complaining about as it's a far more versatile set than the one that will replace it!
[-] The following 5 users Like James's post:
  • bkman1990, Nige, Stuart, UTVLifer, Will

Good to see some movement at long last. What happened to the NWT breakfast bulletin studio that Sportsday used whilst their studio was being refurbished. I see the NWT breakfast bulletins are still coming from the small sound studio/broom cupboard.
[-] The following 2 users Like nwtv2003's post:
  • bkman1990, lookoutwales