BBC/ITV North West News

Owain’s final North West Tonight, tonight:

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes nwtv2003's post:
  • London Lite

Some weird astons on the late Granada Reports. They feature what appears to be the previous ITV logo, they're a bit blurry and don't animate. There've also been some closer to the usual astons that do animate, but still look not quite right.

(29-11-2022, 12:00 AM)Otis Crump Wrote:  Some weird astons on the late Granada Reports. They feature what appears to be the previous ITV logo, they're a bit blurry and don't animate. There've also been some closer to the usual astons that do animate, but still look not quite right.

[Image: 11_28%20-%2022_45_00%20-%20ITV%20News%20...25_050.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like London Lite's post:
  • Otis Crump, TVFan

I wonder are they prototype versions used before the 2013 logo and final version of the Reem font were ready? Granada Reports didn't move to Salford until after the rebrand so it'd be strange that they'd have those there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFTJA's post:
  • Superman1986

Doesn’t look like the old logo to me, looks more like someone didn’t have the official graphics and has recreated them (poorly) for some reason

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes VMPhil's post:
  • Superman1986

North West Today had the BBC Breakfast media city skyline today. I think it looks better

BBC One North West were late opting out of network during the 10am regional Politics strand. Network (and BBC One HD) were playing Politics North (Y&L) complete with BBC One HD continuity for around 10 mins before it crashed into Politics North West.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Former Member 406

I don't know if this is of interest to those who like the historical side of broadcasting - hidden away in a trail for Auntie's Bloomers, the BBC North West Cumbria Update studio, from when Cumbria was part of the North West region and it had its own sub-opt from a self-op set up in Carlisle

Clearly suffered from multiple generations of tape, I've attempted to clean it up as much as possible.

Taken from www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • Former Member 406, Spencer, Stuart, TVFan

Kay Crewdson was using crutches after her weather bulletin on NWT this evening. She mentioned that she was running to impress her old PE teacher and tore something in her leg.

Roger had to pass her crutches after the bulletin, so she could walk across to the sofa.

I'm assuming Kay is freelance otherwise she'd be on sick pay if on a BBC staff contract.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Superman1986

I'm not sure that somebody who is able to work using crutches would be off on sick pay?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • Alf Stewart