BBC/ITV North West News

(20-03-2023, 08:48 PM)London Lite Wrote:  I'm assuming Kay is freelance otherwise she'd be on sick pay if on a BBC staff contract.

Why? She’s still capable of doing her job…
[-] The following 1 user Likes all new phil's post:
  • Alf Stewart

Regardless, that is some commitment to the job if you still go on screen with crutches

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]

10 years ago today, the last 6pm bulletin from Quay Street:
www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yorksman's post:
  • Superman1986

The iteration of the set seen in that video must have been one of the shortest-lived news sets ever. It was refreshed in January and scrapped in March, being used for just over two months.
[-] The following 2 users Like MFTJA's post:
  • aj.wm, Superman1986

(23-03-2023, 12:30 AM)MFTJA Wrote:  The iteration of the set seen in that video must have been one of the shortest-lived news sets ever. It was refreshed in January and scrapped in March, being used for just over two months.

The physical set hadn’t changed though, had it? It was still the same as it had been for the previous two looks, just with different coloured lighting.
[-] The following 3 users Like Spencer's post:
  • chris, Jayesyn, Superman1986

(23-03-2023, 12:30 AM)MFTJA Wrote:  The iteration of the set seen in that video must have been one of the shortest-lived news sets ever. It was refreshed in January and scrapped in March, being used for just over two months.
I often wondered why the move to Media City was delayed until March; rather than a change in one set before a new one. 

There must have been a specific reason or otherwise I am sure they would have Co-ordinated the move for the new look.

(23-03-2023, 11:26 AM)Ben Shatliff Wrote:  
I often wondered why the move to Media City was delayed until March; rather than a change in one set before a new one. 

There must have been a specific reason or otherwise I am sure they would have Co-ordinated the move for the new look.
That would have been quite some feat. I’ve never known building work to hit a deadline, never mind such a huge complex as Media City and a tenant that produces a daily broadcast schedule.

(23-03-2023, 11:30 AM)chris Wrote:  
(23-03-2023, 11:26 AM)Ben Shatliff Wrote:  I often wondered why the move to Media City was delayed until March; rather than a change in one set before a new one. 

That would have been quite some feat. I’ve never known building work to hit a deadline, never mind such a huge complex as Media City and a tenant that produces a daily broadcast schedule.
Ah it wasn’t built.  Excuse my ignorance there. 

I remember back in December 2010 around the time of the Coronation Street 50th they announced the move to Media City. They showed the building including an area that would be used outside for the weather. It was like a balcony or room. 

With that I thought the building was already built. 

Unless they then decided to move to The Orange Tower and that was still waiting to be built, perhaps.

Well I’m sure by Jan 2013 it was built. Fitted and ready for broadcast, no.

(23-03-2023, 09:13 AM)Spencer Wrote:  The physical set hadn’t changed though, had it? It was still the same as it had been for the previous two looks, just with different coloured lighting
They repainted the coffee tables in a teal colour and added a wood effect to the rostrum as well. That look was basically a stop-gap though, the rollout of the current regional sets started with Granada when they moved to Media City.
[-] The following 2 users Like MFTJA's post:
  • Spencer, Superman1986