BBC/ITV North West News

The Central rebrand clip showed how much effort was involved in redressing the old sets.

They repainted the trim around the perspex, stuck vinyl over the desks and refitted them with LED lights, laminate on the rostrum and reupholstered the seats and tweaked the lighting (and replaced a lot of the lighting in most of the studios)

Doable in a weekend, and clearly a stop gap, but not a half job.

NWT is coming from the Salford cupboard tonight.

twitter.com 

May be linked.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mike's post:
  • London Lite

(02-04-2023, 07:01 PM)Mike Wrote:  twitter.com 

May be linked.

I guess if the existing gallery is being relocated they had between today's BBC Breakfast coming off air and tomorrows going on air.  NWT using their own Breakfast studio and gallery makes sense as they'll be short programmes and the workflow is already familiar to them.

Katie Walderman posted a video explaining why they're broadcasting from a former edit suite.

www.tiktok.com 

I note Paul Hudson is presenting the weather on North West Tonight this evening, but it certainly looks like it’s down the line from Leeds.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nwtv2003's post:
  • Superman1986

(05-04-2023, 06:32 PM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  I note Paul Hudson is presenting the weather on North West Tonight this evening, but it certainly looks like it’s down the line from Leeds.

And Roger even explained where he’d come from which was a nice touch
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew's post:
  • Kendal87, nwtv2003

Interesting technical issue during the 7:27 opt in Breakfast; North West Today failed to appear until a minute into a BBC London bulletin, but when it did the astons were appearing without their black background. Steve Saul apologised for technical issues, but in all fairness the bulletin ended on time and with no rush.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nwtv2003's post:
  • Superman1986

Steve Saul, as well as seemingly being a fellow pres geek, is excellent at handling the tech side of things, suspect the self op radio background helps with that. He’s an excellent broadcaster.
[-] The following 7 users Like steve's post:
  • agentsquash, London Lite, MLehon, nwtv2003, Superman1986, UTVLifer, VMPhil

(07-04-2023, 09:57 AM)steve Wrote:  Steve Saul, as well as seemingly being a fellow pres geek, is excellent at handling the tech side of things, suspect the self op radio background helps with that. He’s an excellent broadcaster.

And he follows me on Twitter so clearly has excellent taste.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes VMPhil's post:
  • steve