BBC/ITV North West News

An odd fault near the end of tonight's edition of North West Tonight. During the local weather forecast, we cut to Look North.

Presumably some sort of switching issue?

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clean Feed's post:
  • bilky asko

The Super League Show followed on for viewers across the four north regions - I had assumed that it was coming from Leeds, and someone at BBC NW was just a little over eager to swap to their feed in readiness.
[-] The following 3 users Like Tim G's post:
  • bilky asko, Clean Feed, Former Member 406

Confirmed by Steve Saul as switching for the Superleage Show and automation going awry due to the Commonwealth closing ceremony overun.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • bilky asko, Clean Feed

The first 5 minutes of North West Today was missed for some reason today, when it did come on, it was midway through. Possible switching issue?
[-] The following 2 users Like nwtv2003's post:
  • Clean Feed, Superman1986

(12-08-2022, 01:42 PM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  The first 5 minutes of North West Today was missed for some reason today, when it did come on, it was midway through. Possible switching issue?

An odd one. And some quick reshuffling of the running order as a consequence. Full weather forecast squeezed out too.  Presenter Steve Saul referenced the technical issues when they had to rerun the lead story.

www.youtube.com 

twitter.com 

Steve replied to me on Twitter, looked like another gallery (possibly switching) issue. But in all fairness he handled it very well as they had to swap the running order and keep the weather to about 5 seconds.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nwtv2003's post:
  • Clean Feed

Owain Wyn Evans has got the permanent early shift on Radio 2, which he had been filling in on after Vanessa Feltz left. As he’s due to be broadcasting his show from Cardiff, it’s likely his time at North West Tonight is over.

twitter.com 

Yes, they announced last night (Monday) he was leaving North West Tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes steve's post:
  • nwtv2003

(04-10-2022, 01:22 PM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  Owain Wyn Evans has got the permanent early shift on Radio 2, which he had been filling in on after Vanessa Feltz left. As he’s due to be broadcasting his show from Cardiff, it’s likely his time at North West Tonight is over.

twitter.com 

That's a shame, he was my favourite weather presenter, and my favourite since the passing of the great Dianne Oxberry.

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]

Has Kay Crewdson been confirmed as Owain’s replacement