Dave Presentation

Good to hear a different voice on Dave, as I'm afraid I'm not a big fan of the regular announcer's style.

However, the audio quality of the female announcer's continuity makes it sound like it's been recorded in a box. It's not the highest quality which does seem unusual.

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew Wood's post:
  • dbl, Mendip

There's 3 new announcers in total. Her audio quality isn't ideal, but this will be resolved in coming weeks
[-] The following 1 user Likes dbl's post:
  • Andrew Wood

A 'working from home' situation?

[Image: tig96x96.png]

(11-08-2022, 09:37 PM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  A 'working from home' situation?

Yup... (Newbie home set up isn't ideal / short on time for TX)

This all seems to tie into what I believe is Dave trying to do what the vast majority are having a bash at this year, and that is vaguely appeal to young people. It’s still surprising when I see an ident and hear something along the lines of “Rio Ferdinand puts people skiing on holiday into Room 101, and I have to say,I totally agree with you mate.” Maybe it’s just me squirming at the thought of change. Not sure.

Appeal to younger viewers in Dave's demographic, but also to shake up the continuity. It was the same for 8 years and was getting very tired/disengaged/losing edge. Especially with commissions like Big Zuu's Big Eats, which the previous voice was quite the contrast in the direction the channel want to go in.
  • Mendip

I'd noticed there'd been quite a variation in voices recently, so thought it had to be a deliberate decision.

Indeed actually following on from this, there was even an on air reference made to the fact there's new voices for continuity in the 6pm junction this evening.

site.tvwhirl.co.uk 

One thing I really do miss from Dave was some of the more random one-hit wonders they did for their junctions sometimes as they really added a unique style to the channel. The '6 Second News' parodies of BBC Three which they did for a short while were absolute comedy genius. Though I suppose something which only really got used for a single evening and probably got missed by a lot was probably a bit of a luxury hard to justify the spend on.

www.tvwhirl.co.uk 

TV Whirl - Since 2001
[-] The following 6 users Like TesTVWhirl's post:
  • Andrew Wood, Clean Feed, dbl, ethanjbrady, Ma76, TVFan

(13-08-2022, 08:40 PM)TesTVWhirl Wrote:  I'd noticed there'd been quite a variation in voices recently, so thought it had to be a deliberate decision.

Indeed actually following on from this, there was even an on air reference made to the fact there's new voices for continuity in the 6pm junction this evening.

site.tvwhirl.co.uk 

Indeed, it's to keep things fresh and have links written from different angles and regional colloquialisms. As before most of the ident links were so generic and uninspiring

Quote:One thing I really do miss from Dave was some of the more random one-hit wonders they did for their junctions sometimes as they really added a unique style to the channel. The '6 Second News' parodies of BBC Three which they did for a short while were absolute comedy genius. Though I suppose something which only really got used for a single evening and probably got missed by a lot was probably a bit of a luxury hard to justify the spend on.

www.tvwhirl.co.uk 
Yep, behind the scenes - teams change and some of the comedy went with it... But that might change
  • TesTVWhirl

(13-08-2022, 08:40 PM)TesTVWhirl Wrote:  I'd noticed there'd been quite a variation in voices recently, so thought it had to be a deliberate decision.

site.tvwhirl.co.uk 

The new voice there is Anthony Lewis. Anthony also announces on network BBC One/BBC Two and BBC One North. He's also voiced trails for ITV and Sky.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clean Feed's post:
  • TesTVWhirl

An unfortunate complete lack of sleep last night actually meant I got to hear some of the updated continuity for Dave right through the small hours for a change as the channel is my default background fodder. While a little part of me will miss the age old 'E=MC2 and Q comes before I' (or something like that) generic that always used to signify you'd stayed up waaaay too late, it is quite impressive to hear just how much more tailored the announcements sound even at 3am now!

TV Whirl - Since 2001
[-] The following 4 users Like TesTVWhirl's post:
  • Andrew Wood, bilky asko, dbl, TVFan