BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

That reminds me of that vapid advertisement for The Context, where Christian Fraser proclaims to someone that "I guess you can say that's The Context!!!"

How the mighty have fallen

At school they taught me how to be
So pure in thought and word and deed
They didn't quite succeed...
[-] The following 3 users Like AndrewP's post:
  • chrisherald, Independent, UTVLifer

(03-05-2024, 03:50 PM)ALV Wrote:  Speaking of graphics, the new thumbnail for Business Today has just dropped on the EPG:

ichef.bbci.co.uk 

…you guessed it! It composed by our favorite red, circles and Reith. A combination of The Context and The Daily Global. Hopefully, the theme music will surprise us.

Why they made studios with the capability of changing the LED colours if every program is red?
[-] The following 5 users Like Lec_Ver16's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Reith85, Stuart, UTVLifer

(03-05-2024, 06:09 PM)AndrewP Wrote:  That reminds me of that vapid advertisement for The Context, where Christian Fraser proclaims to someone that "I guess you can say that's The Context!!!"

How the mighty have fallen

I know the one, and I agree it’s so irritating! Even the music is low-rent and doesn’t fit with the serious image the BBC normally (used to) try to project.

“Do you want some facts about baguettes?”… sigh

The last couple mornings on Breakfast they've been utilising a position within the NBH newsroom.
up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

I'm assuming that it's a locked off camera. Presumably there's a reason for not using the old balcony position with it's touchscreen, which is now used for UK opts.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 3 users Like Keith's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, UTVLifer

Nice little handover yesterday.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 7 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, MLehon, oscillon, RhysJR, Rolling News, Stuart

(Yesterday, 09:39 AM)Keith Wrote:  The last couple mornings on Breakfast they've been utilising a position within the NBH newsroom.
up.metropol247.co.uk 

I'm assuming that it's a locked off camera. Presumably there's a reason for not using the old balcony position with it's touchscreen, which is now used for UK opts.

This is the touchscreen that the News Channel often use for explainer pieces or reporter led graphics sequences. Its a PTZ camera and the screen can be fed with the Election Graphics software.
[-] The following 2 users Like NickyS's post:
  • harshy, Keith

Have to say - BBC’s coverage today has felt very flat with having a presenter on their own and no guests (which I presume isn’t possible in the balcony set?). Sky is much more watchable for having guests and reporters in to chat over results.
[-] The following 2 users Like all new phil's post:
  • chrisherald, MLehon

(Yesterday, 07:43 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Have to say - BBC’s coverage today has felt very flat with having a presenter on their own and no guests (which I presume isn’t possible in the balcony set?). Sky is much more watchable for having guests and reporters in to chat over results.
Ideally if E had been back in use that could potentially have been used for UK coverage. Would be even better if one of the big three monitors in the updated studio had touchscreen capabilities.

I think the balcony set for UK opts is very small, with a large screen behind the presenter and a fixed camera. Maybe if they adapted the 'BBC Verify' space further along the balcony it might be possible. A fixed wide shot, another on the presenter, and a third fixed for a guest position.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 3 users Like Keith's post:
  • chrisherald, UTVLifer, xlalonce