BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(5 hours ago)LDN Wrote:  Much like in Studio B, and in the newsroom, and on the Balcony of BBC Verification, the Studio E touchscreen only ever seems to be touched as a means to move to the next slide in a predefined sequence (as opposed to, say, the election touchscreen graphics, where there is a working interface that the presenter can navigate through to interrogate and compare various data sets on demand).
Definitely agree that having a touchscreen for a simple slideshow is pointless, but don't think the election touchscreen graphics are really an interface either. There's clearly some interactive functionality, but it appears that there is ultimately a predefined range of options chosen before each segment - e.g., the menu buttons don't take the presenter to a true menu, but usually a list of eight or so constituencies/councils that are relevant to that segment. The impression I get is that they don't really have the ability to bring up any possible data on demand. It's not quite a slideshow, but certainly not not one either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DTV's post:
  • LDN

(6 hours ago)LDN Wrote:  I had no idea Changing Rooms was involved in BBC News set design.

But now that I think about it, this has got Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen's fingerprints all over it.

Linda Barker actually "I think it works really really well" 😆
[-] The following 1 user Likes cando's post:
  • LDN