Eurovision Song Contest 2024

(13-05-2024, 06:26 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  666k watched in Ireland, up from 362k last year. Hopefully they can build on Bambie Thugs performance next year and make an impact once again.
It’s difficult to do something new and unique every year though and there is a risk of it coming off as a novelty act. Which in fairness it was to some extent. I’d imagine Bambie Thug would probably easily win any future selection show they take part in. Although whether they’d want to do it again, considering she’s supposedly been so unhappy or whether RTE would want to send them back to EBU is a different matter.

I kind of think Bambie Thug bottled it by not pulling out a Pro-Palestine/ceasefire stunt during the final, when they couldn’t really kick them out. Not that I have any knowledgable enough views either way on that particular conflict, but if it’s inline with their politics. They could have cleaned up the pro-Palestine vote the same way Isreal cleaned up the pro-Isreal vote.

(13-05-2024, 06:26 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  666k watched in Ireland, up from 362k last year. Hopefully they can build on Bambie Thugs performance next year and make an impact once again.

So Ireland came 6th in the jury vote, 6th in the televote, and 6th overall, with 666k people watching. I'm not superstitious, but not bad for a witch.

That's only RTE figures, you could probably add another 200,000 who would be watching on BBC One as Graham Norton is preferred by many.

(13-05-2024, 04:10 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  I know they were excited to have won, but very strange just to stay showing the output from Malmo after the end of the show. That was it, they couldn't have expected anything else to appear.
It's common practice at the Eurovision finale for the feed to open up again after the ident and a few seconds of black. This is done exactly to allow winning countries to air the first interview with their artists. It seems RTS forgot about the 10 seconds of black 😄 They should have run the sponsorship sting and everything would have been fine.
[-] The following 4 users Like chaose's post:
  • AndrewP, Medianext.MX, RhysJR, UTVLifer

I don’t think the UK ratings have been mentioned.

www.independent.co.uk 

Despite the headlines these are very good figures, where linear ratings seem to be declining year on year. Last year was a UK hosted contest off the back of the UK artist coming second. Neither of those things are the case this time around. Articles also blaming a boycott, but if anything the publicity probably boosted them a bit.

Also according to that article the last time the UK hosted was about 1773, but I think they’ve hosted it more recently than that.

Anything on how the semi-finals did this time around?
[-] The following 4 users Like Jon's post:
  • AndrewP, Happy2001, JosiahStuart, scottishtv

It would've been 1998 after Katrina and the Waves' victory the previous year.

(14-05-2024, 11:38 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  It would've been 1998 after Katrina and the Waves' victory the previous year.
Thank you for clearing that up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • scottishtv

I saw this on TikTok and thought of here. I also learned what a cowboy shot is for the first time!

up.metropol247.co.uk 
[-] The following 2 users Like scottishtv's post:
  • AndrewP, Jayesyn