Eurovision Song Contest 2024

Swiss user tevebits is back with his multiview montage of how various TV channels Europe-wide switched to the Grand Final.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 8 users Like Medianext.MX's post:
  • chaose, Hadrien, JosiahStuart, Ma76, RhysJR, scottishtv, Stuart, UTVLifer

I wonder why Italy's Rai doesn't seem to be able to do a proper timed junction for an event like this?

Last year they were still running commercials at the start and crashed in after a minute or so, this year they resort to a static beauty cam to pad time before the start.
[-] The following 5 users Like lhx1985's post:
  • ethanjbrady, Jayesyn, Stuart, UTVLifer, what

(13-05-2024, 08:04 AM)lhx1985 Wrote:  I wonder why Italy's Rai doesn't seem to be able to do a proper timed junction for an event like this?

Last year they were still running commercials at the start and crashed in after a minute or so, this year they resort to a static beauty cam to pad time before the start.
Still better than crashing in the middle of the theme though, I prefer the second option Big Grin

RAI has no dignity, and I say it as an Italian
[-] The following 2 users Like Kunst's post:
  • Alessi, UTVLifer

Did Swiss TV (RTS 1) just stay on the World Feed after the show?! Seemed to go to black at the same time, then a camera punched out to line from the arena about 45 seconds later.
[-] The following 1 user Likes soulfulscotsman's post:
  • Medianext.MX

They did, and, during the black screen, commentators Jean-Marc Richard and Camille Bertholet had to scramble during that time and ask for help to the production team in the Geneva TV Centre (even getting on first hand the news of the broken trophy); finally, they were able to get the feed back up and running and show both Sven Epiney’s interview (done in Swiss Standard German, due to the interview being also broadcast as part of a joint pan-German post-show program on ARD, ORF and SRF, and translated into French) and an interview from an EVN journalist (which suffered from sound issues, leading to Bertholet struggling to translate), interspersed with some analysis. RTS stayed with the satellite feed through to the press conference, even carrying the provided slate on air while the commentators filled time.

As for SRF, they went to the joint pan-German post-show, and, at the end, they did run the press conference in full on a slight delay. RSI, in contrast, gave up at the end of the show and went to the late news and Romansh current affairs.
[-] The following 4 users Like Medianext.MX's post:
  • chaose, London Lite, scottishtv, soulfulscotsman

I know they were excited to have won, but very strange just to stay showing the output from Malmo after the end of the show. That was it, they couldn't have expected anything else to appear.

The winners press conference was scheduled to be put out on one of the satellite feeds that carried the show, as well as on EVN. So maybe someone misinterpreted that, but of course that was never going to be straight away and press conferences never start on time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • UTVLifer

(13-05-2024, 04:10 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  I know they were excited to have won, but very strange just to stay showing the output from Malmo after the end of the show. That was it, they couldn't have expected anything else to appear.
They usually take German’s TV companion show (as is more obvious if you watch the equivalent video from last year) and if you look it’s the German output they’re showing on a slight delay (due to Swiss TV having sponsorship and the Germans not). It would make sense that programme would be a showing a replay of the winning moment. I don’t think it’s the world feed as that square went blank after the ident.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • Medianext.MX

Looking at the multiscreen of the final one thing that is interesting is the three broadcasters who didn't take the sponsorship section of the credits. The BBC used the final 'Good Night' caption, just earlier than everyone else saw it. ARD in Germany put out their own caption to cover.

SVT had different sponsor credits - one page omitted the Baileys logo (presumably rules there about alcohol advertising) and the next one that looks like it had a lot of TV production brands such as NEP and omits most of those too - replacing it with just Riedel and something else
[-] The following 4 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • Hadrien, Happy2001, Ma76, UTVLifer

666k watched in Ireland, up from 362k last year. Hopefully they can build on Bambie Thugs performance next year and make an impact once again.

The secret behind Nemo's performance

twitter.com 
[-] The following 6 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • Alessi, Bluecortina, ethanjbrady, RhysJR, Stuart, thePineapple