ITV News

They both really excel with covering events like this and I think the fact nowadays the flagship ITV presenters aren't rarely seen outside their own programmes means when Tom Bradby does turn up at 5pm it feels like bit more noteworthy.

It will be interesting to see if ITV benefit at all on election night from the lack of Edwards/Dimbleby on BBC1.

(Yesterday, 06:13 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  They both really excel with covering events like this and I think the fact nowadays the flagship ITV presenters aren't rarely seen outside their own programmes means when Tom Bradby does turn up at 5pm it feels like bit more noteworthy.

It will be interesting to see if ITV benefit at all on election night from the lack of Edwards/Dimbleby on BBC1.

I doubt it. People turn to the BBC for these programmes. The other channels are really competing for second / critics’ choice.
[-] The following 3 users Like chris's post:
  • Brekkie, Jeff, Reith85

True, it’s almost more about the prestige of being a serious outfit that bothers to cover it, rather than actually expecting viewers to watch the coverage in significant numbers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes interestednovice's post:
  • chris

It would be nice to see ITV do something different with the set for this election - basically had virtually the same set for each vote over the last decade which although I think still holds up for the news bulletins looking at what Sky are doing doesn't feel impressive enough for election night.

(4 hours ago)Brekkie Wrote:  It would be nice to see ITV do something different with the set for this election - basically had virtually the same set for each vote over the last decade which although I think still holds up for the news bulletins looking at what Sky are doing doesn't feel impressive enough for election night.

I would be very surprised if ITV News does anything different. They have used the same basic set design since the 2015 election. Fits easily into Studio 1 at ITN, but does create problems for ITV News London, who also have to share the studio with the national news.

I probably think they will make more use of the atrium, as they did last election - indeed, why not base their whole output from the atrium, as they did for the 1997 and 2001 elections? Makes it look very impressive, especially considering BBC will most likely be confined into their Studio B for another election night.