Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Jun 2024 (BBC News Channel/BBC One)

(01-06-2024, 11:18 PM)j.smith Wrote:  Has Barbara Plett Usher moved permanently to Africa? I may have missed this but she was previously State Department Correspondent in Washington, D.C. but her Twitter account now says she is Africa Correspondent and is based in Nairobi - she is currently in South Africa reporting on the election.

If so, do we know if anyone has replaced her at the State Department?

I believe there was a minor shuffle not so long ago. The previous Africa correspondent Andrew Harding moved to cover Paris in August, Barbara moved to South Africa and Tom Bateman has taken over her role at the US state department having previously covered the Middle East. There’s been a lot of different reporters there over the last few months, but I believe Hugo Bachega arrived there in November and has ‘Middle East correspondent’ in his X bio.
[-] The following 2 users Like tomholt's post:
  • chrisherald, j.smith

Am I alone in wishing that something could be done about background stomping as presenters on Newsnight and Sunday with Laura Kuennsberg move from one part of the set to another? Maybe slippers or sound-proofed platforms?
[-] The following 2 users Like Newshound's post:
  • Moz, Spencer

Can you watch bbc news global feed on bbc now?, i tried it and it said watch on it and it was the actual channel.

(02-06-2024, 10:46 AM)harshy Wrote:  Can you watch bbc news global feed on bbc now?, i tried it and it said watch on it and it was the actual channel.
Yep, looks like BBC News transitioned to FAST model in the US several months ago. Not sure what cable providers made of that as they usually are quite restrictive.
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • harshy

Ahead of today's new One from Salford I spotted that Chris Cook has retweeted (or whatever it's now called) the following message, which includes some new screenshots.
x.com 

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • House

Maryam Moshiri has tweeted that she is covering the 9am UK slot until the election. Presumably that means they’ll drop her name from the World Tonight (on schedules etc.) during that period?

I also think it’s curious that they’ve put one of their ‘main’ presenters on the morning UK slot, suggesting they recognise it’s one of the most important and higher viewed periods in the UK, yet didn’t make it a priority or key slot on the merged feed (generic bulletins with no fixed presenters). Does rather play into the idea the merged channel prioritises global over UK audiences?

x.com 

(03-06-2024, 10:33 AM)Keith Wrote:  Ahead of today's new One from Salford I spotted that Chris Cook has retweeted (or whatever it's now called) the following message, which includes some new screenshots.
x.com 

I think one of the reasons the BBC News colours look so different in the Salford studio is because of all the light blues and greens at the very top (at least some of which bleeds in from the newsroom). I’m not sure this is quite the right balance or hue, but it does highlight the problem of Studio B just having a fraction too much black in the studio to be comfortable. If they made the ‘balcony’ area slightly brighter or a warmer tone, it might feel less stark and more welcoming.

Viewers will just think it's another studio in London or they've thrown a sofa into the existing one used for the national bulletins.

They don't care whether it's in London, Salford or Cleethorpes. What is the point of this? Confused

Are they using money on the 'analysis' element they've saved from making investigative reports for the now diluted 'NewsLite' on BBC Two?

20 minutes to go! Wee peak at the opt in shot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thread Closed