Sky News

(Yesterday, 05:16 PM)Daveuk Wrote:  Close up on the body being stretchered out
Close up on his belongings being taken by the search team
Close up of his body being moved from one boat to another.

As I say might just be me, just didn’t sit right while watching today.
Watching for the first time today and just found the above particularly distasteful. I note the presenter warned the images would be shown but I'm struggling to see the need to do so.

Also feels unusual they are only showing a report of the body being moved, but not covering the family's statement or a short obituary. Feels misjudged, but maybe I've missed those other things earlier in the day.
[-] The following 1 user Likes scottishtv's post:
  • Reith85

(Yesterday, 09:34 PM)scottishtv Wrote:  Watching for the first time today and just found the above particularly distasteful. I note the presenter warned the images would be shown but I'm struggling to see the need to do so.

Also feels unusual they are only showing a report of the body being moved, but not covering the family's statement or a short obituary. Feels misjudged, but maybe I've missed those other things earlier in the day.
It was explained on many news channels that the person being stretchered out was one of the rescue team who had been injured during the search. The terrain can be quite dangerous, even for the locals who know it quite well.

(Yesterday, 09:39 PM)Stuart Wrote:  It was explained on many news channels that the person being stretchered out was one of the rescue team
This was not what was shown in the 9pm hour on Sky News.

Hmmm. The over-sensitivity vs video journalism gives me pause. Particularly who its applied to. Could be an interesting discussion. But it might go off the rails on here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mouseboy33's post:
  • Stuart