BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(01-06-2024, 11:18 PM)j.smith Wrote:  Has Barbara Plett Usher moved permanently to Africa? I may have missed this but she was previously State Department Correspondent in Washington, D.C. but her Twitter account now says she is Africa Correspondent and is based in Nairobi - she is currently in South Africa reporting on the election.

If so, do we know if anyone has replaced her at the State Department?

I believe there was a minor shuffle not so long ago. The previous Africa correspondent Andrew Harding moved to cover Paris in August, Barbara moved to South Africa and Tom Bateman has taken over her role at the US state department having previously covered the Middle East. There’s been a lot of different reporters there over the last few months, but I believe Hugo Bachega arrived there in November and has ‘Middle East correspondent’ in his X bio.
[-] The following 2 users Like tomholt's post:
  • chrisherald, j.smith

Am I alone in wishing that something could be done about background stomping as presenters on Newsnight and Sunday with Laura Kuennsberg move from one part of the set to another? Maybe slippers or sound-proofed platforms?
[-] The following 2 users Like Newshound's post:
  • Moz, Spencer

Can you watch bbc news global feed on bbc now?, i tried it and it said watch on it and it was the actual channel.

(Yesterday, 10:46 AM)harshy Wrote:  Can you watch bbc news global feed on bbc now?, i tried it and it said watch on it and it was the actual channel.
Yep, looks like BBC News transitioned to FAST model in the US several months ago. Not sure what cable providers made of that as they usually are quite restrictive.
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • harshy