Rugby World Cup 2023

(10-09-2023, 09:37 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  S4C seem to have two presenting positions in the stadium with Sarra Elgan in the stands and Jason Mohammed pitchside.

Which led to an amusing post-match moment last night...

twitter.com 

They've added a much bigger "Review in Progress" graphic with the player name and a countdown this week for the bunker reviews rather than just the Yellow/Red split card.

Noticed last weekend too the "LBP" graphic for a losing bonus point which came up in the very early stages of the France match last week just because they were 7 points behind was scrapped as of course in the end they didn't get a losing bonus point because they won the match.

Great ratings for ITV4 last night with an average of 850k and peak of 1.4m for France v Uruguay, enough for it to beat BBC2, C4 and C5.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • Happy2001, lookoutwales

(15-09-2023, 11:26 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Great ratings for ITV4 last night with an average of 850k and peak of 1.4m for France v Uruguay, enough for it to beat BBC2, C4 and C5.

twitter.com 

Was a great match to be fair and after 60 odd minutes a shock was on, Uruguay were probably robbed with a red card decision too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes NI92's post:
  • Brekkie

France were just 4 points away tonight from revealing whether the scorebar had been designed with three digit scores in mind.

Perhaps not the most unbiased of articles and worth remembering S4C are covering 8 or 9 games, not 48, but hard to disagree with the assessment here of S4C's coverage being far superior- given a head start by being out in the stadiums. Then having a more engaging presenter and pundits with personality.

www.walesonline.co.uk 

I read that ITV will be in the stadiums from the knockout stages, but yes it should have been all along really.

ITV’s coverage has seemed really staid - the studio is just poor (I mean, I still look at the lectures and think ‘why’), Pougatch is a great, solid presenter, was brilliant on 5 Live, but he never really brings much energy, passion or enthusiasm to any broadcast, particularly during the RWC.
[-] The following 3 users Like steve's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, Reith85

(26-09-2023, 10:15 PM)steve Wrote:  ITV’s coverage has seemed really staid - the studio is just poor (I mean, I still look at the lectures and think ‘why’), Pougatch is a great, solid presenter, was brilliant on 5 Live, but he never really brings much energy, passion or enthusiasm to any broadcast, particularly during the RWC.
I agree on your point ITV studio coverage for me hasn't been great, it was like the BBC coverage towards the end of their exclusive 6 Nations rights boring and now the BBC have had a major refresh and despite only having 1 match per round and their coverage is head and shoulders above ITV.  The fact they are relying on the class of 2003 for the England matches is poor when so many better pundits have come around recently like John Barclay & Sam Warburton, women pundits often get criticised on Social Media however Philippa Tuttiett & Maggie Alphonsi have been really good too.  RTE & Virgin have been based in Dublin but for me their coverage for me is better than ITV.
[-] The following 1 user Likes NI92's post:
  • Brekkie

(26-09-2023, 10:38 PM)NI92 Wrote:  I agree on your point ITV studio coverage for me hasn't been great, it was like the BBC coverage towards the end of their exclusive 6 Nations rights boring and now the BBC have had a major refresh and despite only having 1 match per round and their coverage is head and shoulders above ITV.  The fact they are relying on the class of 2003 for the England matches is poor when so many better pundits have come around recently like John Barclay & Sam Warburton, women pundits often get criticised on Social Media however Philippa Tuttiett & Maggie Alphonsi have been really good too.  RTE & Virgin have been based in Dublin but for me their coverage for me is better than ITV.
I mentioned in another forum that maybe the ITV punditry team regarding the England games needs freshening up, but how can you upgrade on World Cup winners (Maggie Alphonsi maybe)?  Good point about John Barclay and Sam Warburton, so ITV may have to look for "relevant equivalents" as regards England games.