Apologies for the brief outages recently. We are aware of an issue and it is being investigated. x

Wheel of Fortune

Oh my goodness I just had a look on ITVX wow it’s just well awful, the theme tune with that weird shouting of wheel of fortune is strange, there is no hostess either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • Reith85

(07-01-2024, 04:28 PM)Jon Wrote:  I wonder if Whisper (as in people in place before the Sony takeover) are producing it or whether it’s more a case of Sony using the brand.
Whisper are producing WoF and Jeopardy! although Jeopardy! also has Paramount Global Distribution involved as well.

Stellify is another company with Sony involvement which is why they produced Blind Date for Channel 5 and WWTBAM for ITV as Sony owns both formats although So Television were also involved with Blind Date because ITV owns the name.
[-] The following 2 users Like XIII's post:
  • Happy2001, Ma76

At the end of the repeat on ITV1 just now, Graham Norton said "The Masked Singer is up next". The continuity announcer didn't correct or chastise him.

Seems odd they didn't have a version where Norton says "The latest national and international news from ITN is coming up next" ready to go.
[-] The following 2 users Like Nobby's post:
  • Juicy Joe, Ma76

(07-01-2024, 07:34 PM)Nobby Wrote:  At the end of the repeat on ITV1 just now, Graham Norton said "The Masked Singer is up next". The continuity announcer didn't correct or chastise him.

Seems odd they didn't have a version where Norton says "The latest national and international news from ITN is coming up next" ready to go.
It's a repeat, no one will notice or care. It would be a complete waste of time to record different endings.

Surprised they've not done a generic ending though for repeat airings.
[-] The following 6 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • DE88, GMc, Ma76, Nobby, scottishtv, Transmission

(07-01-2024, 08:23 PM)XIII Wrote:  It's a repeat, no one will notice or care. It would be a complete waste of time to record different endings.
Well presumably a large amount of the audience won’t realise it’s a repeat, so it may leave them confused. It’s sloppy at best lazy at worse. It’s surely the type of situation continuity announcers are for.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jon's post:
  • DE88, Nobby, Quantum+83

(07-01-2024, 07:34 PM)Nobby Wrote:  At the end of the repeat on ITV1 just now, Graham Norton said "The Masked Singer is up next". The continuity announcer didn't correct or chastise him.

Maybe he could say that if it was 1985
[-] The following 12 users Like Pips2022's post:
  • AJB39, chrisdafur, DE88, DJ Dave, Ma76, Quantum+83, scottishtv, Spencer, strollfan, SunburntRock89, turbolazer, XIII

(07-01-2024, 08:48 PM)Jon Wrote:  Well presumably a large amount of the audience won’t realise it’s a repeat, so it may leave them confused. It’s sloppy at best lazy at worse. It’s surely the type of situation continuity announcers are for.

And isn't everything supposedly commissioned for ITVX now anyway. If you watch there does The Masked Singer load next?

I've never seen the US version and to be honest all of the extra games within the games etc. left me wondering what was actually going on.
I'm a big fan of Graham but felt his wit didn't get a chance to shine much in this as it was all quite manic.

(07-01-2024, 09:22 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  And isn't everything supposedly commissioned for ITVX now anyway. If you watch there does The Masked Singer load next?

I believe there was a front page banner playlist that did just that, running WoF into Masked Singer into Limitless Win into Big Zuu's 12 Dishes, to present the Saturday Night lineup as an event, as well as individual programmes.
[-] The following 2 users Like agemame's post:
  • Brekkie, Ma76