The Big Breakfast Discussion

A clip of Sonic in there- almost easy to forget that they showed cartoons as part of the Big Breakfast the first few years (and so did GMTV). IIRC they'd show a few minutes each day, and you'd have the whole episode over the course of the week.

The Big Breakfast using a music bed throughout the entire show:
licensing.screenocean.com 

Thursday 15th April 1999.

(22-02-2024, 12:54 PM)JasonB Wrote:  The Big Breakfast using a music bed throughout the entire show:
licensing.screenocean.com 

Thursday 15th April 1999.

Are you sure you didn't have a music bed open in another tab? This video doesn't seem to include what you have described at all.

(22-02-2024, 01:17 PM)Nobby Wrote:  Are you sure you didn't have a music bed open in another tab? This video doesn't seem to include what you have described at all.

Johnny clearly says why they're trialling music in the background right after the first news bulletin. It's not used in the interview or the paper review.

It sounds very low without headphones of course.
[-] The following 2 users Like JasonB's post:
  • Nobby, Steve in Pudsey

It's definitely there, I noticed it too.

I remember that, wasn't it part of a series called 'The Thursday Gimmick'?. Every Thursday for a few weeks they tried out a different gimmick to ‘’freshen things up’’. I vaguely remember one week they put a green screen over the French windows, changing the setting throughout the morning. Space, tropical beach etc.

Incidentally it looks like another Johnny & Denise reunion might be on the way…
www.instagram.com 

One thing i've noticed about these Screenocean recordings is that some these don't include the entire show. The one with the music bed is only 1 hour and 10 minutes and cuts off around the Pun Down while other episodes are the full two hours.

I think it's because each video is the content of an individual tape, and many episodes are on multiple tapes.

A 1997 episode courtesy of Neil Miles, the first after Johnny's stint. Not sure if this is Rick's first day on the OB, with Richard in the house, or if that had been the case ever since The Bigger Breakfast launched a month earlier.

The sun menu in use here too - thought that came in later when Johnny became full time.

youtu.be 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • JasonB

I notice that while the new clock brought in for the Bigger Breakfast is on screen, the house monitors have the original clock.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Otis Crump's post:
  • Brekkie