BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(07-05-2024, 09:11 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  I stand corrected. Thinking about it, 4:3 would be a bit extreme Smile
I think the lower thirds and astons are still 4:3-safe, as seen from the cropped-to-4:3 screencap below.

The only thing that seems to somewhat fail is the split screen, with too much being cropped out in the 4:3 frame.
[-] The following 3 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, IanJRedman

(07-05-2024, 08:16 PM)oscillon Wrote:  They've never left The Context (just became red) and were re-introduced in The World Today when it replaced The Daily Global (which lacked them).
The World Today, The Context, Newsday, Business Today (WBR never had one), Asia Business Report, Focus on Africa, missing programme straps News Now, Verified Live, World News America (i think)

Love to know what the reasoning as to why some programmes get a programme strap, and others dont.
[-] The following 2 users Like harshy's post:
  • AJB39, Moz

(07-05-2024, 09:36 PM)harshy Wrote:  The World Today, The Context, Newsday, Business Today (WBR never had one), Asia Business Report, Focus on Africa, missing programme straps News Now, Verified Live, World News America (i think)

Love to know what the reasoning as to why some programmes get a programme strap, and others dont.
For the record, Asia Business Report has been missing the name strap for less than a month, since the evening of April 16th this year, here is apparently the last time it was seen, in the early morning of the same day:
archive.org 

As you can see, Singapore's visual output is a little peculiar, so the strap was protruding ABOVE the lower thirds, not incorporated into their rectangular shape. Possibly that's the reason for its axing.
[-] The following 5 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, harshy, UTVLifer

(07-05-2024, 09:11 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  I stand corrected. Thinking about it, 4:3 would be a bit extreme Smile

To be fair, 14:9 is mostly safe for 4:3 sets
[-] The following 1 user Likes xlalonce's post:
  • chrisherald

(07-05-2024, 03:06 PM)ALV Wrote:  Nothing too impressive on Verified Live in Studio E...
www.youtube.com 

Does every show every day start with the same preamble introducing the purpose of the branded slot? Lucy Hocking did it on the videos sent earlier.
[-] The following 4 users Like matthieu1221's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, freeaxe, UTVLifer

Newsday is also chameleonised now I missed the beginning however :-(

EDIT: No Programme name on the straps.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • oscillon

(07-05-2024, 04:34 PM)ALV Wrote:  "Now on BBC News... the latest business news from across the globe - Business Today"
www.youtube.com 

The music in use here is not new - it comes from an older program called "Your Money"

www.youtube.com 

Mishal's voiceover has gone, leaving the titles feeling a bit sparse and feels like the 'ending' happens too early.
www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 8 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • AndrewP, harshy, Jayesyn, matthieu1221, oscillon, RhysJR, Stuart, UTVLifer

(07-05-2024, 11:43 PM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  Mishal's voiceover has gone, leaving the titles feeling a bit sparse and feels like the 'ending' happens too early.
www.youtube.com 

The music still has those effects which was timed with the animation of the text, the music remains but the programme text dosent animate anymore :-(
[-] The following 3 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, Stuart, UTVLifer

(07-05-2024, 06:36 PM)all new phil Wrote:  I think what makes everything look all the more jarring is just how good sports news looks on the channel. Watching Sportsday right now - slick intro, varied presentation, good use of screens etc.

What’s the difference? Is sport better resourced? Surely workflows and staffing are just the same.
My understanding was always that Sport has a more limited gallery and have been doing autocue self-operation for a long time. But the dynamism differential is certainly marked - ever since they've moved to Salford, sports news has always gone a lot further pres-wise than they ever needed to.

On a side note, I've always wondered why they don't give Sportsday an airing on network BBC. Not just is there an increasing amount of spare time in the schedule, particularly on BBC Two, that could easily be filled by a daily 30' bulletin, but there's an absence of general sports news on the big five outside of breakfast and weekend bulletins and it could probably get quite a decent audience. It just seems like, considering the amount of effort the team clearly go to, it deserves a bigger profile than being a secondary function of the News channel.
[-] The following 12 users Like DTV's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, Frances, House, Jeff, JexedBack, LargelyALurker, Stuart, UTVLifer, xlalonce