Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Jun 2024 (BBC News Channel/BBC One)

(09-05-2024, 10:40 PM)Moz Wrote:  Think this looked cool. Some of the new effects are really bringing the channel more alive…

x.com 

I dont know about cool. It was different for the BBC. Not really much innovative graphics anymore. The swirling circle opens and intros are indicative of that. Though it kinda reminds me a red and white version of the graphics package used for the ABC O&O stations. But its something fresh at least...for the BBC.
[-] The following 3 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • Brekkie, chrisherald, UTVLifer

(09-05-2024, 10:40 PM)Moz Wrote:  Think this looked cool. Some of the new effects are really bringing the channel more alive…

x.com 
They're really bringing the channel into the noughties.
[-] The following 9 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, chrisherald, freeaxe, Hellsloot, JJJJ, LDN, mouseboy33, Spencer

There are some negative people on here. Why does everything have to be a comparison? Cool is cool. It doesn’t have to be cooler, or new, just good.

I’m really pleased with the direction things are going. 😊

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 15 users Like Moz's post:
  • Apples, AverageOrangeTurnip, bai4943, bax, bkman1990, ginnyfan, LTNewslover, MFTJA, Michael Wotton, Quantum+83, Reith85, SlimyTrain, smw, strollfan, Tsigriwa

A surprise gift for fans of the BBC News theme today, not sure if it’ll be on both the UK and World feed…

twitter.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like ALV's post:
  • bax, chrisherald, oscillon, Reith85, Stuart

The 10am TOTH used the 1999 countdown theme.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chris's post:
  • oscillon

(10-05-2024, 10:11 AM)chris Wrote:  The 10am TOTH used the 1999 countdown theme.
Into a proper multi-story UK opt with headline sequence. Really treating us today.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DTV's post:
  • chrisherald

I wonder whether they've exported/rendered the countdown again with the music, or if they're lining it up live to play in time with the visuals. If it's the former, you might end up with the occasional reappearance given the old files that still seem to lurk on the systems.

youtu.be 
[-] The following 10 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • AaronLancs, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Hadrien, itsrobert, matthieu1221, Rolling News, TVFan, UTVLifer

(10-05-2024, 09:21 AM)ALV Wrote:  A surprise gift for fans of the BBC News theme today, not sure if it’ll be on both the UK and World feed…

twitter.com 

It wasn't on the World feed sadly.

It's funny though, whenever Lowe does these 'how I made the theme' breakdowns, he's actually doing some revisionist history, because this isn't how the original theme was constructed - it didn't have that 3 note bassline originally, it just had the first 2 beats of it, and it was far less prominent. The 3 note pattern was only really there in the headline bed, and even then the first two notes were in the bass proper, and the 3 note pattern was higher up in a kind of plucked sound.

It came into the news theme proper when World rebranded the following year (which makes sense, as Lowe has described it as being a kind of 'indian' rhythmic pattern) and then it was still much more subtle then future iterations.

Also of course the string chords he demonstrates were also fairly different in the channels' first versions.
[-] The following 3 users Like FactorFiles's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, JamieD

(10-05-2024, 09:21 AM)ALV Wrote:  A surprise gift for fans of the BBC News theme today, not sure if it’ll be on both the UK and World feed…

Can confirm it's just the UK feed - World was playing the current music

The 2008 Countdown music was used for the 12pm TOTH
Thread Closed