Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Jun 2024 (BBC News Channel/BBC One)

(10-05-2024, 04:20 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  The BBC World countdown from 2006 played into 4pm.

Still the same BBC World countdown from 2005 just before the News at Six.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Henry's post:
  • Rolling News

The original 1999 still sounds amazing after 25 years. My absolute favourite version of it has got to be 2007/8 (red data streams)music countdown. It really built up to the top the hour. I also loved the 2007 theme. They should defo bring that era of music instead of all the orchestra version.

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 2 users Like ViridianFan's post:
  • chrisherald, DJ Dave

It's been good to hear the World News Countdown with it's extra stabs and synths.

I've always preferred it to the NC Countdown.
[-] The following 2 users Like Gary McEwan's post:
  • GMc, Jayesyn

I don’t suppose any of it has been captured today?
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • Moz

I'm surprised that the special countdown with the footage of the orchestra and the stripped back acoustic mix of the theme that Chris treated is to a few Christmases ago hasn't made an appearance today.

I know it's on YouTube but it would have been a nice touch
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • Spencer

(10-05-2024, 07:01 PM)ViridianFan Wrote:  The original 1999 still sounds amazing after 25 years. My absolute favourite version of it has got to be 2007/8 (red data streams)music countdown. It really built up to the top the hour. I also loved the 2007 theme. They should defo bring that era of music instead of all the orchestra version.

I always loved the original countdown theme, which perfectly complemented the accompanying graphical sequence. But hearing it today, in comparison to the current music, I find it sounds a little bit clinical and robotic.

I might be on my own here, but I love the current orchestral arrangement, which I feel adds a level of lovely warmth and depth to the music.
[-] The following 2 users Like Spencer's post:
  • Charles, DTV

(10-05-2024, 07:35 PM)harshy Wrote:  I don’t suppose any of it has been captured today?

Here’s the one with the BBC World 2005 countdown theme:

x.com 

The only other ones I saw were the 1999 and 2008 News 24/channel themes, which should be on the last couple of pages of this thread.
[-] The following 7 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, harshy, matthieu1221, oscillon, Reith85, TVFan

(10-05-2024, 09:44 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Here’s the one with the BBC World 2005 countdown theme:

x.com 

The only other ones I saw were the 1999 and 2008 News 24/channel themes, which should be on the last couple of pages of this thread.

The 2005 BBC World theme was always an outlier between all the countdowns that i liked with a very "dance" theme.

Nevertheless, i think that the 2013 theme remains the best and one of the few instances where the orchestra was appropiate and well used. I can`t say the same about the footage: the 2005-2010 countdowns were faster paced and better in my opinion with a good combintation of clips of the journalist stars, the crew, and places from the world. Now we have some journalists appearing on the countdowns for five seconds or more, which makes it really slow.

Strangely, the world feed today carried the regular theme on the countdowns. I am surprised that the World and UK feeds still carry two different countdowns running at the same time.
[-] The following 3 users Like Lec_Ver16's post:
  • AndrewP, Berlin, chrisherald

(10-05-2024, 07:57 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  I'm surprised that the special countdown with the footage of the orchestra and the stripped back acoustic mix of the theme that Chris treated is to a few Christmases ago hasn't made an appearance today.

I know it's on YouTube but it would have been a nice touch

You mean this one? It aired once on Christmas Day 2015 and has never been shown again.

It used the World mix of the music.

It's also racked up over 2.1m views.

youtu.be 
[-] The following 5 users Like Worzel's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, harshy, Spencer, Steve in Pudsey

(10-05-2024, 10:00 PM)Lec_Ver16 Wrote:  Strangely, the world feed today carried the regular theme on the countdowns. I am surprised that the World and UK feeds still carry two different countdowns running at the same time.
Well it's another year or so before World got the music (and the news channel itself of course). Logical really World gets its own countdown as programming and promos leading into it will be different and probably easier to "merge" at the top of the hour than at varying points during the countdown, especially as it'll vary which channel has the longer countdown.
Thread Closed