Eurovision Song Contest 2024

The points for the UK is not great so far. Do you guys think that it would change for the better when the public vote gets announced soon?
[-] The following 1 user Likes bkman1990's post:
  • UTVLifer

(11-05-2024, 11:17 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  The points for the UK is not great so far. Do you guys think that it would change for the better when the public vote gets announced soon?

Sadly not. I think that's it for us.

(11-05-2024, 11:17 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  The points for the UK is not great so far. Do you guys think that it would change for the better when the public vote gets announced soon?

I doubt it very much, the song etc wasn't great. When we actually give a monkeys and send a great song like 2022.. We will have a chance.

The lead Switzerland are getting is so substantial it may mean the public vote part isn’t as exciting as it is meant to be

The UK has suddenly had a bit of a rush of points, doesn’t look as bad any more
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • UTVLifer

On the left-hand side of the board. Not an embarrassment at all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bilky asko's post:
  • DeMarkay

Did anybody else find the results tense? Maybe it’s the over dramatic music bed or because of the situation, even the fantastic Petra seems on edge.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fanoftv's post:
  • UTVLifer

When the judges sing the Swiss song, i keep thinking they're going to burst in to a Shania Twain song.
[-] The following 2 users Like JasonB's post:
  • Rorylufc, UTVLifer

(11-05-2024, 11:32 PM)fanoftv Wrote:  Did anybody else find the results tense? Maybe it’s the over dramatic music bed or because of the situation, even the fantastic Petra seems on edge.

I think after the events of the last day or so, I suspect Petra will have been even more on edge than usual for the jury votes (particularly those who were dragging it out)
[-] The following 1 user Likes UTVLifer's post:
  • DeMarkay

Oh wow...Europe does hate us Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Gary McEwan's post:
  • bkman1990, DeMarkay

Big points for Israel, but very unlikely to win
[-] The following 3 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • DeMarkay, ethanjbrady, thomash79