BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News

(10-05-2024, 08:40 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  I have a hunch it was BBC East but I'm not sure why, or possibly an outpost like Bangor. (Not a region, of course).

Other theory is BBC East Midlands, which at that time was a sub opt/Contribution into Midlands Today.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Bangor was the very last outpost - at least with some kind of TV facility - to be converted to colour as late as c.1978.

There was some effort to get more TV output out of North Wales during the 80s - i.e. Newyddion was co-anchored from Bangor and Cardiff for a few years - but it didn't last.

The initial (tiny) Nottingham studio appeared to be used for both contributions and production of sorts before they began the sub opts (think they started before the long dispute which kept Central East off air was finally settled)

(10-05-2024, 09:19 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Channel Television was the last ITV region to convert to colour in 1976.

Even then, I believe it took a little while longer to equip Channel with new colour cameras and equipment - in both their Jersey and Guernsey studios - for local studio production (and fortuitously, they switched from film to ENG just before the ITV strike got underway)
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • London Lite

A pan-regional Look North being presented by Shirley Henry from Hull.
[-] The following 5 users Like Yorksman's post:
  • harshy, interestednovice, JACKLUFC1998, London Lite, Spencer

(11-05-2024, 05:28 PM)Yorksman Wrote:  A pan-regional Look North being presented by Shirley Henry from Hull.

That pan regional Look North had one story in the area covered by the Emley half of the region, one that covered both Emley and Belmont areas (that being the Bradford City fire anniversary, given that 2 Lincoln fans also died in the fire) and one in the covered by the Belmont half of the region.

(11-05-2024, 05:28 PM)Yorksman Wrote:  A pan-regional Look North being presented by Shirley Henry from Hull.

Don’t you mean Storytime with Shirley?

(11-05-2024, 08:45 PM)Kendal87 Wrote:  Don’t you mean Storytime with Shirley?

I just caught the bulletin on the iPlayer, I must confess her delivery does come across as strange. Very much like she's struggling to read the autocue.

Probably the first sight of hd look north Leeds is 6:25am?

(11-05-2024, 10:10 PM)harshy Wrote:  Probably the first sight of hd look north Leeds is 6:25am?

Unless those bulletins are coming either Hull or Newcastle. As I said, I wonder if the Breakfast bulletins will be the only times that Hull Look North viewers will see their local news in HD?

I’m pretty sure these projects launch at 6.30. That gives them the whole day. Otherwise a lot of support staff would be needed to come in very early!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tvtrombome's post:
  • JACKLUFC1998

(11-05-2024, 10:22 PM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  Unless those bulletins are coming either Hull or Newcastle. As I said, I wonder if the Breakfast bulletins will be the only times that Hull Look North viewers will see their local news in HD?

Hmm - not sure how it works. Will Leeds in HD at Breakfast go directly to the Belmont transmitter, or will it go via Hull first, and get downscaled.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spencer's post:
  • JACKLUFC1998

I wonder if todays weather forecasts with Kat were done from London?