BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News

Look North seems to be in HD this morning!

Looks like the Breakfast bulletins are from Hull this morning, with Dave Edwards.

So far it looks like the optouts are finally free of ugly off sync cuts - dissolving back and forth from the national feed. HD still not doing the camera kit in Leeds many favours though - still quite a significant grain and softness relative to the newer kit elsewhere, but still a step up from the previous.

(12-05-2024, 09:49 PM)Spencer Wrote:  Hmm - not sure how it works. Will Leeds in HD at Breakfast go directly to the Belmont transmitter, or will it go via Hull first, and get downscaled.

I think the opt switch happens at CCM these days, under control of the region, but even under the old arrangements I would have thought Leeds originated HD could pass through Hull like network HD did.

(13-05-2024, 08:06 AM)agemame Wrote:  So far it looks like the optouts are finally free of ugly off sync cuts - dissolving back and forth from the national feed. HD still not doing the camera kit in Leeds many favours though - still quite a significant grain and softness relative to the newer kit elsewhere, but still a step up from the previous.

The need to have a hard cut disappeared shortly after DSO, that was a fudge to do with the relative timings of analogue and digital.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • Spencer

(13-05-2024, 07:01 AM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  Look North seems to be in HD this morning!

It was in SD and from Hull you could tell from the awful rendition of the graphics
[-] The following 2 users Like harshy's post:
  • JACKLUFC1998, London Lite

So with Look North (Leeds) having HD work done, and Hull being the backup, it's got me thinking - when Calendar had their HD work done on ITV, how come we didn't get Tyne Tees or Granada Reports as the backup for that?

Did they put the Leeds background on the screens?

(13-05-2024, 12:46 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Did they put the Leeds background on the screens?

I think it was the usual Hull background

HD Look North Leeds at 1:30pm :-D

Much improved astons finally at long last.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • JACKLUFC1998

The lighting in the studio is too bright, both Amy and Paul look washed out.