Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Jun 2024 (BBC News Channel/BBC One)

(13-05-2024, 03:09 PM)Chud Wrote:  Has it been confirmed that the One will be using the breakfast studio?

Yes, think so.

Extra characters 🙄

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

(13-05-2024, 02:40 PM)House Wrote:  Would the logical thing not be to move Sportsday to a different time? If the News at One really is a 60 minute bulletin, it would make sense for it to be broadcast on the News Channel (UK feed) in full, thereby displacing Sportsday. Or alternatively roll Sportsday into the News at One, essentially mirroring the sports updates on weekend bulletins.

I wondered if there was piloting or other maintenance to the studio which forced Sportsday out today?
Presumably at some point prior to the News at One there will need to be some pilots done. I seem to recall for similar things in the past the BBC have done pilots that run in parallel to the live broadcast (in a different studio/location). Depending on how soon the move to Salford is this could have been one such pilot.

I'd have thought that once the move to Salford is complete that a sports bulletin might run at half-past whilst the nations and regions opt-out. In which case it would presumably make sense for the sports presenter to be in the same studio. This would then allow the nations and regions to return at :45, with the potential for nations to continue to remain opted out if they wished to have an extended lunchtime bulletin. (This might be politically beneficial to the BBC in the nations.)

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 3 users Like Keith's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, House

If they’re doing pilots running at the same time as the live bulletin I’d have thought we’re not far off?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

(13-05-2024, 03:41 PM)Moz Wrote:  If they’re doing pilots running at the same time as the live bulletin I’d have thought we’re not far off?
I know some people have previously suggested it wouldn't happen until the new year "because Doctors doesn't end until December". However, I can't see them waiting until Doctors has finished before moving the One to Salford. I wouldn't be surprised if the BBC may opt to simply make one of the subsequent programmes 30 minutes in length, instead of being 45 minutes. This would allow Doctors to remain on BBC One but start slightly later at 2pm.

Extending the News at One to an hour and moving it to Salford will presumably provide a cost saving. The sports bulletin (currently branded 'Sportsday') can then come from the same studio with the same crew, whilst nations and regions opt out. It also removes the need for the News Channel to have a UK-opt between 1.45 and 2pm, which presumably requires some crew and a presenter.

If the News Channel had the desire they could then have UK opts on weekdays from 9am to 1pm and 2 to 6pm, both conveniently four hour chunks. I dare say with a general election looming in the coming months this might even happen, at least temporarily.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • chrisherald

(13-05-2024, 03:56 PM)Keith Wrote:  I know some people have previously suggested it wouldn't happen until the new year "because Doctors doesn't end until December". However, I can't see them waiting until Doctors has finished before moving the One to Salford. I wouldn't be surprised if the BBC may opt to simply make one of the subsequent programmes 30 minutes in length, instead of being 45 minutes. This would allow Doctors to remain on BBC One but start slightly later at 2pm.
Of course, no need for the two changes to occur at the same time.
[-] The following 3 users Like DTV's post:
  • chrisherald, Keith, UTVLifer

Do we know if regional news is embedded in the hour or still separate?

(13-05-2024, 02:44 PM)what Wrote:  That looks really good. Does the BBC Sport CSO studio have motion tracking? Hopefully t they use that to give us more of the look at this designing in the future if they're gonna be using this permanently. Hopefully they haven't just cheapened out and created like one tiny corner for this backdrop.

It's a Sportsday reskin of the usual BBC Sport CSO studio, used for the 2022 Winter Olympics and various world championships among other things over the last few years

www.broadcastnow.co.uk 

www.sportsvideo.org 
[-] The following 1 user Likes UTVLifer's post:
  • chrisherald

Have they used the newsroom pan today? Verified Live had the studio wide shot in the intro.

(13-05-2024, 05:54 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Have they used the newsroom pan today? Verified Live had the studio wide shot in the intro.

They used the newsroom pan this morning and during News Now. Only since Verified Live they’ve used the studio wide shot, which I think looks better (although not as good as the faster studio wide shot they used to use when in E).
[-] The following 5 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, ginnyfan, UTVLifer, xlalonce

(12-05-2024, 02:42 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  ^^^ Dozens of interns that took over the channel for the last year or so.

Very rude. Totally unfair to those who were working hard for a year (while some were being paid to stay at home)
Thread Closed