BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News

(13-05-2024, 01:40 PM)London Lite Wrote:  The lighting in the studio is too bright on the close up shots.

Is that because the lights are too low in Leeds? The final shot with the tower seemed a bit blurry too but this is a considerable improvement really over what we’ve had.

Look Levy ‘couldn’t get through’ to Paul at lunchtime so Peter did his own weather forecast!

That’s the banter sorted for 6:30pm
[-] The following 4 users Like Johnr's post:
  • bkman1990, Michael Wotton, thePineapple, TVFan

Just had a look at my recording from lunchtime from my PC rather than from Sky Stream which I watched live earlier.

It's not as bad, but there's still some issues regarding the lighting on the presenters faces which wouldn't have been an issue when they were outputting in SD last week.

Looks like the cue dots used to check they are in circuit are still there but smaller and in the bottom left corner now
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • London Lite

The Wipes are now smooth as well it looks so much better now.

And here’s the new HD gallery in all its glory…

x.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy, Stuart

What will they do with the old gallery hand it down to a region that still can’t animate Aston’s?

(13-05-2024, 06:26 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Just had a look at my recording from lunchtime from my PC rather than from Sky Stream which I watched live earlier.

It's not as bad, but there's still some issues regarding the lighting on the presenters faces which wouldn't have been an issue when they were outputting in SD last week.

Seemed to better on the main edition not as washed out they must have done something during the afternoon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • London Lite

Such a dramatic improvement from the vaseline-smeared pictures we became used to from the old set. Lightning was much better at 6.30pm though the lighting on Paul for the weather is a bit off - I suspect though that’s simply as the lighting rig is so low and he’s stood up!
[-] The following 3 users Like steve's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy, London Lite

(13-05-2024, 06:45 PM)harshy Wrote:  What will they do with the old gallery hand it down to a region that still can’t animate Aston’s?

I assume it'll all be disposal unless any parts might be needed for an urgent replacement until they've been upgraded - isn't the plan for all or most regions to have received the same upgrade?
[-] The following 1 user Likes m_in_m's post:
  • harshy