International News Presentation: Past and Present

(20-06-2024, 08:50 PM)Medianext.MX Wrote:  Quite major news out of Canada: Bell’s CP24 and BNN are moving out of 299 Queen Street West (the former ChumCity Building) and moving into the national CTV News newsroom at CTV/TSN HQ in Agincourt. The company has also paused major plans to redevelop the site due to the construction of a new major suburban subway line, with no word on how the cancellation would affect the building. The building itself can’t be demolished due to its heritage status.

www.blogto.com 

That's a sad development. Ends the last links of City to that building.
[-] The following 2 users Like sky303's post:
  • lookoutwales, mouseboy33

we know things change. particularly in canada money is tight. I think one think i miss are the channels that used to have a sense of place or a physical location that sometimes was just as famous as its output. I think as a kid we all remember the Nickelodeon studios in Florida, MTV in Times Square, CNN Centre in Atlanta and BBC Television Centre.
Well in Canada that televised sense of place was the ChumCity Building. When Citytv got kicked out and MuchMusic retracted to virtually nothing. Speakers Corner was shut down. The Electric Circus no longer holding its Friday night televised dance party that took over the entire facade of the ChumCity building with dancers spilling out onto the pavement and dancing with the public. And CityPulse (CItyNews) and CP24 being the voice of the entire GTA every 30 minutes. It feels weird. Inevitable. But weird. The corner of Queen and John was the epicentre of everything that was cool amazing. And for decades the most amazing television on the planet was dreamed up and created from that building. All of it from a local tv station just for Toronto, not a big national network. Raw, young and fast

Its sad that the phrase : From 299 Queen Street West this is Toronto's Breaking News CP24 wont exist ever again. Even if they leave the old CityPulse news truck bursting out the side of the building...its never going to be the same.

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • lookoutwales, Medianext.MX

In Denmark, TV2 Nord, the broadcaster's regional station in the North, debuted a new brand and news graphics in May, which modelled closely after the main network's. Suspect other regions may eventually do the same.
www.youtube.com 

The white bar at the bottom might be for fitting the ticker on TV2 Nord Salto, their 24-hour local channel that simulcasts 2 of their regional bulletins:
www.youtube.com 

(31-05-2024, 07:09 PM)W. Knight Wrote:  News Now, a new news channel in Portugal, is to start by the first half of 2024. Medialivre, who also owns the tabloid paper TV channel CMTV, promises the channel would consists of hard facts and fast-paced bulletins, with former Portuguese PM António Costa as part of the personalities lineup.
News Now has gone on air. Here are some early captures of what it looks like:
x.com 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt

(21-06-2024, 02:07 AM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  we know things change. particularly in canada money is tight. I think one think i miss are the channels that used to have a sense of place or a physical location that sometimes was just as famous as its output. I think as a kid we all remember the Nickelodeon studios in Florida, MTV in Times Square, CNN Centre in Atlanta and BBC Television Centre.
Well in Canada that televised sense of place was the ChumCity Building. When Citytv got kicked out and MuchMusic retracted to virtually nothing. Speakers Corner was shut down. The Electric Circus no longer holding its Friday night televised dance party that took over the entire facade of the ChumCity building with dancers spilling out onto the pavement and dancing with the public. And CityPulse (CItyNews) and CP24 being the voice of the entire GTA every 30 minutes. It feels weird. Inevitable. But weird. The corner of Queen and John was the epicentre of everything that was cool amazing. And for decades the most amazing television on the planet was dreamed up and created from that building. All of it from a local tv station just for Toronto, not a big national network. Raw, young and fast

Its sad that the phrase : From 299 Queen Street West this is Toronto's Breaking News CP24 wont exist ever again. Even if they leave the old CityPulse news truck bursting out the side of the building...its never going to be the same.

www.youtube.com 
www.youtube.com 
www.youtube.com 
www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

This makes me pretty sad. When I was 11 I basically fell in love with TV thanks to the CHUM building. I appeared on Speakers Corner and took part in a studio audience show on Much Music. It was a dream come true for a TV pres fan. The entire Much show was on the street with seating inside the opened window area. We’re talking live performances, presenters wandering around and people everywhere in the glorious sunshine. For a kid, it was epic!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Globaltraffic24's post:
  • mouseboy33

(21-06-2024, 03:36 PM)Globaltraffic24 Wrote:  This makes me pretty sad. When I was 11 I basically fell in love with TV thanks to the CHUM building. I appeared on Speakers Corner and took part in a studio audience show on Much Music. It was a dream come true for a TV pres fan. The entire Much show was on the street with seating inside the opened window area. We’re talking live performances, presenters wandering around and people everywhere in the glorious sunshine. For a kid, it was epic!
I remember standing on the corner watching the Electric Circus. It was epic to watch. And the fact they did it every Friday. Dancers in the upper windows and in in the doorways on the ground level and the audience standing outside on the pavement. And cameras roving inside and out and even across the street to capture the entire scene. the big windows open and the presenter Juliet Powell wandering thru the open ground floor windows from the "environment" inside and then talking to the audience dancing on the sidewalk outside. Its was brilliant to watch.

The first time I saw CityNews I couldnt even understand what I was watching. It was so innovative not see someone sitting behind a desk. And them walking around their newsroom. Which today presenters/anchors walking isnt a thing. But the style of the reports with natural sound and the Videographers who carried their own cameras and shot themselves shooting the reports.

Lunch Television, MovieTelevision, FashionTelevision and The NewMusic and other original programmes and were groundbreaking in their style. In a raw fast paced style utilizing text sometimes instead of a host.

MuchMusic and Speakers Corner all created pre-internet. That building was the epicenter of everything in Canada. Everyone wanted to go there to visit it. SpeakersCorner was so amazing. Who would think about creating a booth in which you drop a coin and record a video message and all those messages were edited everywhere into a sort video soapbox. The editors were brilliant, it wasn't a mess of a show either.

MuchMusic heavily featured a friggin' smoking foul-mouthed sock puppet. It mad no sense but it did. He even had his own interview show. Yes everything changes and this was of its time. And keep in mind all of this was originally just a local station only for Toronto. Original programme mixed with films and other syndicated programming. Thats how Local tv should be done But it has to be said that what was created in the ChumCity building... it was so fresh and different than anything that came before it and anything made afterwards. To me one of the biggest things about tv broadcasting today is the lost of a sense of place. For us tv nerds.....If you knew you knew.... and the ChumCity building was it.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes mouseboy33's post:
  • Globaltraffic24

HEre is the Time Capsule created by the channel (there is some language for those with sensitive ears)

www.youtube.com 

There is a 299 Queen Street West documentary that premiered at SXSW Film and TV Festival about MuchMusic and the ChumCity Building.
www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 
  • Globaltraffic24

HEre is an example of Speakers Corner

www.youtube.com 
  • Globaltraffic24

Icelandic channel Stöð 2 has introduced a new look for their Fréttir and Sportpakkinn bulletins in line with the channel's rebrand created by Red Bee Creative.
www.youtube.com 

A year after launching their new studio, MBC's 5pm bulletin is reformatted with a heavier economic focus and moved into the set.
with.mbc.co.kr 

www.youtube.com 

It, plus Newsdesk and the 2 O'clock News, are currently the ones in that set; daytime bulletins (MBC News Today, the 9.30 and 12 O'clock News) and breaking news remain in the other.
www.youtube.com 

Earlier in May, KBS News 6 on KBS2 also doubled down on economic journalism and was reformatted into 경제콘서트 (Economy & Concert), promising a more interesting delivery via a 'value up' concept to both households and companies.
mylovekbs.kbs.co.kr 

www.youtube.com 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt

RTL Hungary has moved its news operation to a new HQ in downtown Budapest this week. The new premises include a new studio used for all infotainment shows.

The main "sitting area" of the new set is an updated version of the previous one, extended with a 10-meter-wide LED wall.

The opening titles and on-screen graphics remained largely the same and were only modified as much as necessary to adapt them to the new set. However, it's a temporary solution: News, Weather, and Fókusz will get new visual branding sometime in the future.

The new studio premiered today in Híradó, where they said goodbye to the old studio and switched to the new one during the first story.

I am a little bit disappointed, I was expecting something fresher and more state-of-the-art. While the channel's on-screen design is based on the square-cornered logo and simplicity, in the new set almost every element is rounded. I think RTL Deutschland did a better job of finding the consistency.

The handover and some screenshots:

youtu.be 

[-] The following 1 user Likes hghdfntn's post:
  • Medianext.MX