BBC/ITV London News

Riz Lateef was back on the main this evening since her last appearance presenting the Saturday Coronation bulletin. Luxmy Gopal on the late.

Who was the presenter on BBC London at 6:30 tonight? I don’t think I’ve seen him before.

(17-05-2023, 11:25 PM)Alx321 Wrote:  Who was the presenter on BBC London at 6:30 tonight? I don’t think I’ve seen him before.
I was thinking the same. Especially as there's supposedly a work to rule in place. Looked young enough to be work experience  Big Grin

(17-05-2023, 11:25 PM)Alx321 Wrote:  Who was the presenter on BBC London at 6:30 tonight? I don’t think I’ve seen him before.
I was thinking the same. Especially as there's supposedly a work to rule in place. Looked young enough to be work experience  Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • bkman1990, Pips2022

Freelancer Gareth Barlow.
[-] The following 5 users Like London Lite's post:
  • Alx321, AndrewP, bkman1990, oscillon, UTVLifer

Sportsday instead of BBC London after the News at One today. You could see the Thomas Magill was in D ready to go on the videowall so it was clearly a problem opting away.
[-] The following 2 users Like Transmission's post:
  • bkman1990, oscillon

[Image: FyCYw_LWIB8ofMY?format=jpg&name=large]Gill Sans.......
[-] The following 9 users Like EverythingFavs's post:
  • AndrewP, bilky asko, bkman1990, DeMarkay, LDN, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, TVHead, UTVLifer

(07-06-2023, 06:46 PM)EverythingFavs Wrote:  [Image: FyCYw_LWIB8ofMY?format=jpg&name=large]Gill Sans.......

Interesting that while the 6:30pm joint bulletin was coming from London, it was coming from D, not from B... 

What is the reason for that? Is it rudimentary presentation, with no videowall usage and a presenter close-up shot throughout the whole program?
[-] The following 3 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(07-06-2023, 06:46 PM)EverythingFavs Wrote:  [Image: FyCYw_LWIB8ofMY?format=jpg&name=large]Gill Sans.......

It's not Gill Sans.  It's a lighter weight of Reith.

EDIT: I stand corrected.
[-] The following 2 users Like Clean Feed's post:
  • bkman1990, oscillon

(07-06-2023, 08:41 PM)Clean Feed Wrote:  It's not Gill Sans.  It's a lighter weight of Reith.

No, that's... legitimately Gill Sans.  I know my fonts, and that's not Reith.
[-] The following 3 users Like Lyric's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, DeMarkay

(07-06-2023, 08:41 PM)Clean Feed Wrote:  It's not Gill Sans.  It's a lighter weight of Reith.

I've looked to see if it was the lighter versions of reith, i promise you its Gill Sans.
[-] The following 2 users Like EverythingFavs's post:
  • bkman1990, DeMarkay