Thread Closed

Channel 4 Pres: 2017 - Present

Confirmed: e4 (maybe e4 extra as well) is staying:

rxtvinfo.com 

'The broadcaster hasn’t provided further details at this stage, but it has since told RXTV that the E4 brand will continue.'

Will be interesting to see what they change. In many ways the other channels were aligned with the Channel 4 brand when they moved to all include the 4 blocks in their respective logos a number of years back.

Based on what they've done for Channel 4.0 maybe we'll see them move to having E, More, Film, Music sit separately to the 4 blocks logo rather than being integrated in them.

(04-11-2022, 12:18 PM)ckck1704 Wrote:  Confirmed: e4 (maybe e4 extra as well) is staying:

rxtvinfo.com 

'The broadcaster hasn’t provided further details at this stage, but it has since told RXTV that the E4 brand will continue.'
Great to see the E4 brand staying, though will be intriguing as in what will happen to the non-E4 branded offshoots next year
[-] The following 2 users Like TVenthusiasm's post:
  • bkman1990, Vicky14732

(04-11-2022, 01:39 PM)thomalex Wrote:  Will be interesting to see what they change. In many ways the other channels were aligned with the Channel 4 brand when they moved to all include the 4 blocks in their respective logos a number of years back.

Based on what they've done for Channel 4.0 maybe we'll see them move to having E, More, Film, Music sit separately to the 4 blocks logo rather than being integrated in them.

That's what I thought. Not unless they go down the route of reinforcing it with on-air references like 'More 4 from Channel 4'. Bit of a mouthful and not entirely convinced that supports the master brand in quite the way they want. Interesting though.

Sorry if this has been explained but the new idents, DOG, old logo? To me, this seems very temporary.... at least I hope it is?

"You're watching E4.... part of the Channel 4 network".
[-] The following 3 users Like rick's post:
  • bkman1990, Roger Darthwell, Vicky14732

(02-11-2022, 10:15 PM)London Lite Wrote:  
(02-11-2022, 06:00 PM)Josh Wrote:  At least they haven't called it 4Play!

Can't help but think that the "HD" on the 4HD logo is a bit too big.

You're not kidding!

[Image: Channel%204%20News_20221102_19001955_ts_...20_685.jpg]
It’s way too big. I don’t know why they’ve made it bigger. I much preferred it as it was.

(04-11-2022, 10:30 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  It’s way too big. I don’t know why they’ve made it bigger. I much preferred it as it was.

Not only is it bigger, it's now also more opaque.
[Image: ch4hddog.png]
I really don't understand why they had to go and make the most unnecessary part of the DOG more noticeable.
[-] The following 5 users Like chaose's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, brioalex, IanJRedman, TVFan

(04-11-2022, 10:44 PM)chaose Wrote:  
(04-11-2022, 10:30 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  It’s way too big. I don’t know why they’ve made it bigger. I much preferred it as it was.

Not only is it bigger, it's now also more opaque.
[Image: ch4hddog.png]
I really don't understand why they had to go and make the most unnecessary part of the DOG more noticeable.

I agree with you - HD is the standard broadcast resolution nowadays. So the presence of a HD tag is no longer needed as a lot of the other broadcasters do not implement a HD tag on their HD channels.
[-] The following 2 users Like TVenthusiasm's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990

I'm not even sure why Channel 4 still has a HD tag on their DOG. This isn't 2012 anymore and Sky has long since ditched that policy.
Thread Closed