Thread Closed

Channel 4 Pres: 2017 - Present

(13-11-2022, 06:41 PM)g1ngerj0sh Wrote:  
(13-11-2022, 06:07 PM)Roger Darthwell Wrote:  Something that I still don't quite understand about E4 Extra are the music videos in the morning......why are they airing music videos, what's the point?

Most likely because 4Music is no longer available on Freeview, so having music in the morning is a sort of substitute.

To be honest, I can understand this if 4Music became a pay TV channel, but it's still a free to air channel, so I doubt that it's completely due to 4Music leaving Freeview

The larger HD dog is overlapping with the LIVE bug on The Last Leg. I'm wondering is this new DOG only temporary or permanent? Surely someone at Channel 4 can see this and raised questions?

(18-11-2022, 11:37 PM)rick Wrote:  The larger HD dog is overlapping with the LIVE bug on The Last Leg. I'm wondering is this new DOG only temporary or permanent? Surely someone at Channel 4 can see this and raised questions?

That thing is really starting to annoy me. The HD is just superfluous and far too big.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chaose's post:
  • AJB39

I’m no longer really seeing a point in what they did and when they did it… They’ve got a tweaked logo, new idents occasionally, new bumpers, a new DOG - but also the same idents and same promos and everything else; it feels a bit like they just rushed it out for the anniversary - especially with how that DOG has just seemingly been slapped on? I really would’ve thought there would be more to it by now.

Like it must be along the lines of interim branding - but when almost everything is almost the same as it was before, what’s the actual point of doing that when the actual rebrand is likely next year anyway? Why go for this awkward halfway house of new and old? Weird.
[-] The following 2 users Like orange's post:
  • LargelyALurker, Lester

(18-11-2022, 11:37 PM)rick Wrote:  The larger HD dog is overlapping with the LIVE bug on The Last Leg. I'm wondering is this new DOG only temporary or permanent? Surely someone at Channel 4 can see this and raised questions?

I suspect all that will happen is The Last Leg will be asked to move their Live bug.

The +1 DOG has been moved to the top left corner, after years in the top right.

Correct me if I'm wrong... aren't the new idents incorporating the newer version of the logo? Isn't the DOG the only thing with the old logo on it? 

It's just so weird how they have gone from a strong coherent branding to this!
[-] The following 3 users Like Lester's post:
  • fanoftv, LargelyALurker, Spencer

(19-11-2022, 09:41 AM)Spencer Wrote:  

I suspect all that will happen is The Last Leg will be asked to move their Live bug.
Hate to quote myself, but I noticed they did move TLL’s Live bug to the right so it no longer clashes with the oversized HD DOG.

Although nobody seems to have sent the memo to Steph’s Packed Lunch…

Does anyone know what Channel 4 will be doing for their Christmas presentation for 2022?

Relating to the new naming strategy, this seems to indicate it could simply be '4 Anything'.

A new YouTube channel called 4Reality has launched*, with the press release suggesting renames of the other genre YouTube channels to 4Comedy, 4Sport, etc.

www.channel4.com 

The YouTube channel is up, and features the same grey on light green style icon with the older Channel 4 logo.
*The channel itself has videos uploaded a year ago, so obviously a rebranding of an existing YouTube channel.

www.youtube.com 
Thread Closed