BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News

Quite amusingly at the start of tonight’s programme Jo Makel told viewers to not ‘adjust your set’ confirming they were on the correct programme it was still Look North!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • Superman1986

I think Look North Leeds will have to make some major changes when it moves to HD it’s full of scrapes, gaffer tape and even the tiny desk is full of scrapes, that could explain why they light it dimly at times.
[-] The following 2 users Like harshy's post:
  • Superman1986, UTVLifer

(24-12-2022, 10:08 AM)harshy Wrote:  I think Look North Leeds will have to make some major changes when it moves to HD it’s full of scrapes, gaffer tape and even the tiny desk is full of scrapes, that could explain why they light it dimly at times.

It definitely needs an overhaul, even though it’s probably got one of the newer sets of all the regions (if you can call just video walls a ‘set’). I think Leeds is one of those that’ll never look brilliant though simply as it’s such a low ceiling and fairly small. It’s also currently an illustration of why a set purely made of screens in a space where you can’t light it appropriately doesn’t work - it’s always washed out. Hopefully the new set, whenever it comes, addresses some of these.
[-] The following 1 user Likes steve's post:
  • harshy

I certainly agree with others that the Leeds set could do with an overhaul. Does anyone know what type of screens are used in it?

Just watching Look North Leeds this lunchtime and the camera they use for studio based weather looks washed out (or is it just me?).

(28-12-2022, 02:27 PM)Yorksman Wrote:  Just watching Look North Leeds this lunchtime and the camera they use for studio based weather looks washed out (or is it just me?).

It looked out of focus as well. I'm not expecting to be able to read the place names on the map as if I'm watching in HD, but it did look bad today.
[-] The following 3 users Like London Lite's post:
  • bilky asko, UTVLifer, Yorksman

The state of the Leeds cameras has been shocking for ages. Surely they must be high on the list for an HD upgrade.

Leeds resorted to the green screen in the weather studio for the evening and late bulletins.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Superman1986

The camera used for the studio based weather forecasts is back to normal as shown during Breakfast.

A Christmas/New Year tradition on Look North today - the annual appearance of Paul Mooney doing the weather.
[-] The following 3 users Like Yorksman's post:
  • Andrew, Spencer, Superman1986