TV Mistakes/Breakdowns

(01-02-2023, 07:57 AM)Patrick Wrote:  A BBC Weather cockup has went viral after resurfacing on TikTok. (captured by Christian Jegard)

www.tiktok.com 

EDIT: Why is it sticking a hello on the end?
I can understand the presenter “holding the shot” for a few seconds (for cases like these) but that seems to go on for a long time. Of course, it’s better than having him start chatting to someone offscreen about.. er.. the weather.

THE NEXT POST FOLLOWS SHORTLY…

Likely to have been a live broadcast and he could see he hadn't been taken off air yet (and hear the chaos unfold on talkback as the pres automation fell over?)

Instances like that always reminds me of a coronation street clip captured and posted by the late Martyn Hett.

m.youtube.com 

(01-02-2023, 07:57 AM)Patrick Wrote:  A BBC Weather cockup has went viral after resurfacing on TikTok. (captured by Christian Jegard)

www.tiktok.com 

EDIT: Why is it sticking a hello on the end?

MOD EDIT: Looks like the TikTok filter needs updating :/
I've managed to track down the HQ version of the bulletin on YouTube! I wonder how this guy managed to record the weather EVERY DAY.
youtu.be 

Also with the fault caption in stunning 144p!
youtu.be 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patrick's post:
  • western

Oh, the lovely sounds of a lavalier.
youtu.be 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patrick's post:
  • tvwatcher

(04-02-2023, 07:38 PM)Patrick Wrote:  Oh, the lovely sounds of a lavalier.
youtu.be 

Did the breakdown slide get into the ticker?

Slip up whilst introducing The Chase Celebrity Special this afternoon

From TV Home:
tvhome.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes western's post:
  • JoshieTrue

(18-02-2023, 05:44 PM)western Wrote:  If the continuity announcer wants to mention who's in a show, it usually helps to get the name right...

From The Chase this afternoon, via TV Home:

Human error. I dare say you're not so perfect yourself.
[-] The following 3 users Like Neil Jones's post:
  • Otis Crump, Patrick, turbolazer

Channel 5 will get five minutes out of that during When TV Continuity Announcements Go Horribly Wrong.
[-] The following 2 users Like Larry the Loafer's post:
  • Patrick, SunburntRock89

(19-02-2023, 12:32 AM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  Channel 5 will get five minutes out of that during When TV Continuity Announcements Go Horribly Wrong.

Commented on by people who never even saw it until they were shown a video of it 10 minutes before being put in front of the camera.
[-] The following 6 users Like James2001's post:
  • Josh, Larry the Loafer, Patrick, radiorebel, thomash79, TVFan