Thread Closed

BBC Breakfast

(23-06-2023, 08:07 AM)ACTV Wrote:  New studio officially confirmed to launch on Monday

www.bbc.com 

What’s with the blue disc?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 2 users Like Moz's post:
  • Spencer, Stuart

Not too keen on the blue and orange…

Curious how they handle the blue and orange. Surprised the sofa is red, and not orange or even blue - but I guess it may double for other BBC News output in the future.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mdta's post:
  • Quantum+83

It looks interesting and certainly a departure from what is currently on screen. It is also different from the previous set shots featured, it will be interesting to see how it plays out on screen on Monday.

This tweet gives a different view of the sofa area, interesting that the coffee table appears to be transparent glass at the bottom, probably to appear consistent with the national and regional desks, not sure it works on the new coffee table though.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like South's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, oscillon, Quantum+83, thePineapple

Looks like the blue disc moves. Almost like and inverted sunrise. 🔵 

twitter.com 

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 3 users Like Moz's post:
  • AndrewP, oscillon, Reith85

All looks great! A mini version of studio B to some extent. I wonder if this is what studio E will look like (or a version of it with a lower ceiling)?

I hope they fix this before launch, it looks like part of the edge of the floor on the sofa rostrum area is already coming away!

[Image: IMG-6218.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like Worzel's post:
  • Lynford1976, oscillon, Quantum+83, thePineapple

(23-06-2023, 08:28 AM)Moz Wrote:  Looks like the blue disc moves. Almost like and inverted sunrise. 🔵 

twitter.com 

Possibly 'tracking' the sunrise. Slowly but surely rising as the day awakens.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AaronLancs's post:
  • Quantum+83

Not sure about the blue disc but at least it's something different - are they actually going to manage to relaunch the studio and the graphics on the same day?

(23-06-2023, 08:36 AM)Worzel Wrote:  All looks great! A mini version of studio B to some extent. I wonder if this is what studio E will look like (or a version of it with a lower ceiling)?

I hope they fix this before launch, it looks like part of the edge of the floor on the sofa rostrum area is already coming away!

[Image: IMG-6218.jpg]

I think it may be a raised rim for the ramp, probably a health and safety feature to try and mitigate the risk of wheelchairs rolling off the rostrum if approached from  the wrong angle.
[-] The following 1 user Likes South's post:
  • oscillon

twitter.com 

Looks great not sure about the weather camera shot though.
[-] The following 2 users Like harshy's post:
  • AndrewP, watchingtv
Thread Closed