Thread Closed

BBC Breakfast

Studio in sport mode, with grey sofa and rostrum rotated...

twitter.com 
[-] The following 10 users Like Worzel's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, Brekkie, Independent, Jayesyn, Juicy Joe, oscillon, Reith85, SlimyTrain, Stuart

(23-06-2023, 08:49 AM)harshy Wrote:  twitter.com 

Looks great not sure about the weather camera shot though.

That's a PR shot not a screen grab...
[-] The following 2 users Like AM160's post:
  • BBI45, harshy

Looks nice and shiney and new, But Im really not sure orange and blue are working for me together.
[-] The following 1 user Likes aaron_scotland's post:
  • Superman1986

I love it!

Not the first time Breakfast used orange and blue.

youtu.be 
[-] The following 3 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • Nige, oscillon, Reith85

The studio looks great and I love the colour combos for both Breakfast and Sportsday
[-] The following 7 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • ava, DeMarkay, EastCoast, Jayesyn, Nige, Reith85, thePineapple

I have to say, the abstract overlapping shapes and colours give me more of a (Nations) Radio feeling, than the hodgepodge of red on BBC News.

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt

(23-06-2023, 08:21 AM)mdta Wrote:  Curious how they handle the blue and orange.  Surprised the sofa is red, and not orange or even blue - but I guess it may double for other BBC News output in the future.

The red sofa is a symbol of the show. It'd be odd for them to ditch it.

EDIT: Indeed, the later shots show a different colour for Sports mode. So it's definitely a deliberate decision.
[-] The following 2 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • Quantum+83, Transmission

Just a small observation in the graphics. The word breakfast has been made the same size (if not slightly bigger) as the BBC logo, so could suggest a departure from the BBC News style graphics that they use currently where News/Breakfast is slightly smaller than the logo.
[-] The following 2 users Like J102B's post:
  • Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(23-06-2023, 09:05 AM)AM160 Wrote:  That's a PR shot not a screen grab...
Plus, presumably Carol will still be doing the weather down the line from London, so you’re unlikely to see her stood in front of the screen very often.

It’ll be interesting to see what the new titles look like, although I can’t help having low expectations given the recent efforts by BBC News.

The orange and blue colour scheme with the red sofa does remind me of the short-lived ‘blue sky’ look in 2006.

[Image: B28C1938-0D26-41A9-BBD2-AC2892277E4B.jpeg]
[-] The following 7 users Like Spencer's post:
  • AndrewP, Newsroom, oscillon, PWD, Quantum+83, Stuart, watchingtv

(23-06-2023, 10:17 AM)bilky asko Wrote:  The red sofa is a symbol of the show. It'd be odd for them to ditch it.

Maybe so, but in this instance I think it looks rather ugly. I like the blue and orange they've gone with in the graphics - it feels different/fresh - but the red sofa sticks out a bit like an old relic. And let's be honest, if it wasn't for the perceived association of the red sofa, no set designer would have chosen to pair a red sofa with the rest of that colour scheme. It's very reminiscent of Daybreak bringing in a giant red sofa when they still had the deep purple graphics, resulting in an overall look which wasn't fully cohesive.

I personally think they overestimate how much the general public associate a "red" sofa with Breakfast anyway. If it was a shade of blue on Monday, I doubt anyone would really care and (in my opinion) the overall look of the programme would benefit. From what's been released so far, I think the Sportsday set looks much nicer because its colour scheme is unified and hasn't been hampered or compromised by a sofa colour.
[-] The following 7 users Like Flux's post:
  • fanoftv, Former Member 406, PERMOTIO, SlimyTrain, Spencer, Will, xlalonce
Thread Closed