Britain’s Got Talent 2023

Or perhaps he was just the best act of the night. Glorious nonsense.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • all new phil, WhoOdyssey

It was a relief to see a comedian on BGT who wasn't the usual Live at the Apollo fodder with paint-by-numbers observation skills. Comedy is running low on, what I affectionately call, fools.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Larry the Loafer's post:
  • Brekkie

(31-05-2023, 07:20 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Or perhaps he was just the best act of the night.  Glorious nonsense.

Hadn’t seen his audition but he well and truly won me over, even though I have no idea what his ‘talent’ actually is..!

Majority verdict by the judges almost always suggests they put the 3rd place act through.

(31-05-2023, 02:16 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Hadn’t seen his audition but he well and truly won me over, even though I have no idea what his ‘talent’ actually is..!

I was starting to think he'd found a way to amuse everybody in the auditions and had no idea what to do in the semis. Eventually I warmed to him, and when I saw how committed he was to his act by throwing himself down the stairs walking offstage, I knew he was someone worth keeping an eye on.

(31-05-2023, 11:11 AM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  It was a relief to see a comedian on BGT who wasn't the usual Live at the Apollo fodder with paint-by-numbers observation skills. Comedy is running low on, what I affectionately call, fools.

Yep, and they wonder why they can't get anywhere on their own?

Why is stand up comedy the Achilles heel of Britain's Got Talent?

Maybe other forms of entertainment suit the big stage environment of BGT - yes we have brilliant comedians performing in massive arenas, but they are established comedians - when you have brand new, unheard of comedians, the last thing they need is a huge venue to start off their act in.

Maybe this is why some comedians on BGT simply fall down

(31-05-2023, 09:04 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Why is stand up comedy the Achilles heel of Britain's Got Talent?

Maybe other forms of entertainment suit the big stage environment of BGT - yes we have brilliant comedians performing in massive arenas, but they are established comedians - when you have brand new, unheard of comedians, the last thing they need is a huge venue to start off their act in.

Maybe this is why some comedians on BGT simply fall down

Hasn’t a stand up comedian won two of the last four series?

Yeah, my first thought there was Lost Voice Guy.

That CGI Noodle cat has made it through to the shows tomorrow apparently. As you do.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(31-05-2023, 09:57 PM)Josh Wrote:  That CGI Noodle cat has made it through to the shows tomorrow apparently. As you do.

Wouldn't using CGI be breaking the rules of the programme?