Saturday Night Takeaway

(13-04-2024, 07:14 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  An excellent opening to tonight's "final" episode featuring the full theme tune and a lovely montage of previous title sequences.

Kind of the full theme tune Wink It was slightly butchered at the end, had another 10 seconds at least Big Grin

Out of Me Ear is way too long again.

(13-04-2024, 08:37 PM)Scrotnig Wrote:  Out of Me Ear is way too long again.

I thought it was the best bit of the night so far
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

Remember, they had two hours to fill tonight. And part 2 was much better, I thought.
[-] The following 4 users Like GMc's post:
  • AJB39, callumwatchestelly, DeMarkay, Happy2001

Loving the supersized feel of tonight’s show. Did they go anywhere near this big when it last “took a break”?

It’s a shame they can’t even do something mega like this once or twice a year, but I expect it’s not cost effective at all outside of a series format.
[-] The following 3 users Like Ash101's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, DeMarkay, Happy2001

Great show, and rare to see Ant and Dec get emotional just now. Truly an end of an era tonight - this show will leave a big gap on ITV1
[-] The following 3 users Like JMT1985's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, Happy2001, UTVLifer

Loved the end credits, the on-screen strap was a brilliant idea.
[-] The following 6 users Like DeMarkay's post:
  • AJB39, Happy2001, Juicy Joe, TVNerd, UTVLifer, watchingtv

I’m really sad if this is truly is the end…and I have a feeling it is this time.

There’s nothing else like it on TV.
[-] The following 7 users Like Scrotnig's post:
  • AJB39, callumwatchestelly, DeMarkay, Hybrid, JMT1985, TVNerd, UTVLifer

What a great final show! It really feels like the end of an era for that kind of “anything can happen” Saturday Night TV, but I really hope it can be revived for future generations.
[-] The following 4 users Like TVNerd's post:
  • AJB39, callumwatchestelly, JMT1985, watchingtv

The VT section always does. They’re 3-5 minute sections at best that feel like they’re stretched out into 20 mins.

I was half expecting Kate Garraway to appear with the big red book, so she could pilot This Is Your Life. Or Ant & Dec to leave by the sliding doors to be greeted by the ghost of Freddie Star with a fire extinguisher. Disappointing really.

It was nice how they bought everyone back who’s had a cohosting role and people like Clive Tyldesley.
[-] The following 5 users Like Jon's post:
  • Brekkie, DeMarkay, Nobby, Scrotnig, UTVLifer