(13-02-2023, 10:53 PM)cable Wrote:  
(13-02-2023, 09:32 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  ITVX thinks it's better than every other streamer on the platform.

I didn't know it could develop narcissistic tendencies   Big Grin

To misquote HAL 9000: "I'm sorry Brekkie, I can't let you watch ITVX"
[-] The following 3 users Like Neil Jones's post:
  • Allanbuzzy, Josh, London Lite

It's my fault for not keeping on top of things, but Julie Etchingham pointed viewers towards ITVX tonight for updates on the shooting in Omagh.

There isn't an ITV News FAST channel right now, is there? What would she have been referring to?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Larry the Loafer's post:
  • western

There is no ITV News FAST channel but they do have news headlines updated regularly with various reports to review 

However if you access ITVX via BTTV you won't get anything

Something seems to be happening on SkyQ, instead of redirecting you to ITV2 when you use voice control and say ITVX, you now get a message that says "were sorry, this app isn't currently availiable". Hopefully not long now!

Although I can't see the entry for it in the apps.xml file.

(23-02-2023, 01:24 PM)cable Wrote:  Something seems to be happening on SkyQ, instead of redirecting you to ITV2 when you use voice control and say ITVX, you now get a message that says "were sorry, this app isn't currently availiable". Hopefully not long now!

Although I can't see the entry for it in the apps.xml file.

SkyQ boxes are being updated today.

www.thesun.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • paul_hadley

App now live on SkyQ. Works using voice if icon not yet present.

{
"appId" : "com.sky.itv",
"blocked" : false,
"entitlements" : "ETHAN_APP_1",
"extended" : {},
"icons" : [
{
"APPTRAY" : "http://127.0.0.1:8008/pm/icons/com.sky.itv/APPTRAY"
}
],
"imgIcon" : "http://127.0.0.1:8008/pm/icons/com.sky.itv",
"pinLocked" : false,
"pinManagement" : "READ-WRITE",
"title" : "ITVX",
"validCert" : false,
"version" : "3.0.9.11",
"visibleOnTray" : false,
"voiceEnabled" : false
},

Glad to have it on Sky Q at last.

First impressions though are that when navigating the app, it’s a bit laggy to respond, as if it’s too much for the system to cope with. And the FAST channels are very SLOW to load.

This is on my 2TB box with a decent, wired broadband connection. Other third party apps like iPlayer and Netflix are smooth as butter in comparison.

(23-02-2023, 12:40 AM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  It's my fault for not keeping on top of things, but Julie Etchingham pointed viewers towards ITVX tonight for updates on the shooting in Omagh.

There isn't an ITV News FAST channel right now, is there? What would she have been referring to?

I think they’re using ITVX as the brand for all their online services, similar in a way to the BBCi brand. For instance, the ITV News Website is branded as “ITVX”. This is provably what Julie was referring to as there’s often screenshots of that website on the local & national bulletins.

Confusingly, there’s also an “ITV News” section on the streaming part of ITVX, which is where the short 2-minute summaries are.

Other ITV sites using the “ITVX” branding are ITV Win and the Be on TV page, which aren’t really related to the streaming service.

Yeah, ITVX isn't just the streaming service, it's their app, social media presence (they merged most of the individual channel accounts, didn't they?) and website too.

The one baffling thing I can't understand is why in their sheer wisdom it was wise to merge all the individual channel pages into one social feed.

It sounds good on paper to merge all the accounts into one account, but it doesn't make sense when a show promotes itself as being "on @ITV and @ITVX", like the show is being aired THROUGHOUT the ITV network, not just ITV1. Also, to note, I'm still seeing appearances of tweets still mentioning "ITV" like it's still the brand name of the main channel.

I mean, Sky did it years ago and barring omissions like Sky Sports and Sky Cinema, almost all of their entertainment channels all post under "Sky TV", which used to be the feed for Sky One. I don't see the BBC doing it, although they already closed the BBC Four Twitter page for instance.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Allanbuzzy's post:
  • UTVLifer