(01-03-2023, 12:08 PM)cable Wrote:  People seem to be forgetting ITVX is a streaming service first, not a catch-up service. it was always the plan to drop the complete series if the 1st episode was to air on ITV1 (i.e not an ITVX exclusive). It's not a iPlayer clone.

If they are showing a lot of ITVX adverts, it's because the data backs up the need for them to do so as to drive user engagement. I guess it works with their Marketing as it would be fresh in viewers minds as afterwards its not like viewers would have umpteen other distractions!

Exactly this. And ITV clearly see ITVX as more than just an offshoot, 'oh, and by the way, you can also get our programes on the internet' – they see it as the future of the organisation, and a rival to Netflix, Disney+ and Prime Video.

I've been quite impressed with their bold approach to it. It's no good if you want to launch a big, flagship streaming service, to simply add a little tag in the corner of the TV trails. And personally, the promotion doesn't bother me.

The only thing I don't think they've got right is having the whole service sponsored by Domino's. I'm sure they've got a lot of money for it, but I think it really cheapens the brand. They'd never have ITV1 entirely sponsored, so if ITVX is now their flagship product, they could do with losing that. Maybe it's just a hang-on from the ITV Hub sponsorship, and hopefully when it lapses, they won't replace it. Or maybe I'm wrong, and this is the way forward – perhaps we'll soon have Netflix sponsored by Greggs. Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like Spencer's post:
  • all new phil, Ma76

(28-02-2023, 09:16 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  
(28-02-2023, 03:21 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  I feel ITVX promotions are needlessly being rammed down our throats recently. In particular, 'Nolly' is being advertised at nearly every junction on all ITV channels. If it appeals, people will watch and a gentle ad every so often is all that is needed. No need to X-ray it on our retinas every 15 minutes.  They should promote programmes on the main channels rather than what's on X.

Likewise, I agree I cannot see the point of whole series being made available on ITVX (or iPlayer) after the 1st episode. No wonder the overnight ratings aren't any good these days and no sense of anticipation for the next episode.
The promotion is very off-putting, especially the constant ECPs.   They're supposed to be designed to keep people watching, not send them elsewhere.

ECPs are meant to keep you within the ITV eco-system, not necessarily continuing to watch ITV1. All channels have promoted their other services in ECPs since the dawn of multichannel, nothing unusual about that.

I don't really get the complaints re ITVX advertising. If they weren't endlessly pushing shows on ITVX they'd endlessly be pushing shows on ITV1. They're always going to air promotions for their own content. And I've seen a large variety of promos for a lot of shows on ITVX which certainly beats hearing that New Order song over and over again when Britbox was their big thing.
[-] The following 2 users Like gottago's post:
  • all new phil, Jeff

(01-03-2023, 12:48 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  
(01-03-2023, 01:44 AM)all new phil Wrote:  I’m not sure I follow your logic here. It would have done well, but now it won’t, because… it’s not been streamed by many?
Because people will be tired of hearing about it and they won’t promote it as much.

Exactly - it's been promoted so much I already feel like I've seen it.    There's a few things I've seen promoted which I've thought "I'll watch that" but after months of not watching it any FOMO is long gone.

The biggest issue still is that ITVX still doesn't work on many platforms - or at the very least it was so bad when it was launched people are just not bothering to try it again.   The idea of on demand streaming is you tune in and watch something, not spend half the night trying to get it to work.   It's far easier to watch something on the multitude of other streamers that you know won't crash.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Juicy Joe

(01-03-2023, 01:00 PM)Spencer Wrote:  The only thing I don't think they've got right is having the whole service sponsored by Domino's. I'm sure they've got a lot of money for it, but I think it really cheapens the brand. They'd never have ITV1 entirely sponsored, so if ITVX is now their flagship product, they could do with losing that. Maybe it's just a hang-on from the ITV Hub sponsorship, and hopefully when it lapses, they won't replace it. Or maybe I'm wrong, and this is the way forward – perhaps we'll soon have Netflix sponsored by Greggs. Wink
I suppose they make it a thing because its it being advertiser funded (AVOD) but All4 is also in partnership with dominos and my5 with Simba. 

if you subscribe to ITVX premium, the dominos branding disappears. I guess it the equivalent of channel sponsorship, like sky Atlantic and Blackberry/Volvo.
[-] The following 2 users Like cable's post:
  • Ma76, Spencer

There is a new FAST channel 'Ultimate Ant & Dec'. The content of which I guess should be obvious.

(02-03-2023, 04:52 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  There is a new FAST channel 'Ultimate Ant & Dec'.  The content of which I guess should be obvious.

It appears that Saturday Night Every Night is no longer around. I wouldn't be surprised if Ultimate Ant & Dec has replaced it. SNEN did show Saturday Night Takeaway from what I recall.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ACTV's post:
  • UTVLifer

Nice to see the full version arrive on Apple TV

Would be interesting to know how these FAST channels rate - suspect we're talking tens and hundreds rather than thousands or tens of thousands.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • Ma76, octothorpe

I swear the originally ITVX release said something like a different new FAST channel every week of the year?

But they don't really seem to be doing it & the current number is the cap? As any new ones seems to replace old ones.

Edit:

Quote:ITV intends to offer viewers a new themed channel, every week of the year on ITVX.

www.itv.com 

(02-03-2023, 04:52 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  There is a new FAST channel 'Ultimate Ant & Dec'.  The content of which I guess should be obvious.

Takeaway, Limitless Win, BGT and I'm A Celeb?