Has there been any word on what will happen to BritBox subscribers? Will they automatically be converted to a full ITVX subscription, I wonder?

(07-10-2022, 11:55 AM)IanJRedman Wrote:  Has there been any word on what will happen to BritBox subscribers? Will they automatically be converted to a full ITVX subscription, I wonder?

How they handle pricing is going to be really interesting. As well as the Britbox conundrum, ITV Hub has a yearly sub option, for example, so will those people be grandfathered to ITVX? Both Britbox and ITV Hub+ are likely to be cheaper than ITVX so it'll be fascinating to see how they handle these subscribers.

Not long til we find out!
[-] The following 3 users Like pad's post:
  • Happy2001, IanJRedman, Ma76

Will you still be able to watch live on ITV?

You mean watch the linear channels online? I don't see why not, isn't that a basic service nowadays?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • Superman1986

Has anyone seen any beta testing or anything similar for this? Although I'm assuming that's probably finished now with the launch being so close.

[Image: sig.jpg]

The Kapang app on Fire TV and Android TV is as close to being a Freeview/Freesat replacement for second sets.

It's not perfect, but has BBC One, Two, ITV, Channel 5 in 1080p and then the likes of Dave, Yesterday etc in 720x576 which is a marked improvement on the Freeview resolution and bitrate. (Channel 4 is 720x576 upscaled to 1920x1080).

However I expect Kapang to go the way of TV Catchup and TV Player when broadcasters demand they pay for carriage.

ITV partnered with DixonBaxi to create the new ITVX brand. Hope to see more as we get closer to the launch!

dixonbaxi.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like TODAY's post:
  • London Lite, Superman1986

Just received an email saying that the ITV privacy & cookie policies will be changing on 10 November. Potential launch date for ITVX?

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

Confirmed that ITVX will be up to 1080p.

www.cordbusters.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • IanJRedman

(14-10-2022, 07:53 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Confirmed that ITVX will be up to 1080p.

www.cordbusters.co.uk 

From the article (bolding mine):

Quote:As for 4K/Ultra HD content on ITVX, ITV confirmed to us that there won’t be any 4K content at launch – but the broadcaster is looking to introduce 4K content in the future.